Talk

Advanced search

Dog pee smell out of laminate flooring?!

(10 Posts)
SirPugalug Sat 11-Jun-16 12:04:24

I dog sat my sisters puppy for a fortnight, he had accidents and I cleaned them but he's been gone for 2 weeks now and I can still smell pee!

When it gets hot in the house I can smell it. I've used floor cleaner but is there anything else I can use?! Because that didn't work

SirPugalug Sat 11-Jun-16 16:45:06

Bump

RebuildingMyself Sat 11-Jun-16 18:00:27

Tbh if it still smells after cleaning I can't help but think its gone under the laminate. Might be worth posting in house keeping.

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jun-16 18:05:18

It will have soaked between the boards and gone under the laminate. I'm not really sure what you can do to get rid of the smell, other than take up the laminate that's been damaged and replace it but I appreciate that's not easy to do. The problem with laminate is that you risk damaging it if you get the surface too wet when cleaning voice of bitter experience here.

It's very annoying for you, but hopefully someone else will come along with a solution.

SirPugalug Sat 11-Jun-16 18:44:43

Fuck. I have zero skills or money to replace it sad

RebuildingMyself Sat 11-Jun-16 19:12:26

Now somebody else has said the same as I was thinking about it going under - best bet is definitely to post in housekeeping section. If there is a way to sort it, without lifting the laminate up, someone on that section will know.

Booboostwo Sat 11-Jun-16 19:59:25

Try one of the new enzyme cleaners like Simple Solution. It has successfully cleaned everything my incontinent cat peed on (basically the whole house, floors, soft furnishings, duvet).

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jun-16 19:59:44

You could try posting in Property/DIY as well as Housekeeping as there's a regular poster on there called PigletJohn who's a mine of information and might have some good ideas.

There's also a chance that once it's dried out properly it won't smell, but don't quote me on that!

Ellie06 Sat 11-Jun-16 21:41:17

Try something like this, it's amazing, totally saved my carpet. You really have to soak the area though so it gets all the way through the layers. It breaks down the proteins so the smell goes away.

www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/simple-solution-urine-destroyer

Lara2 Sat 11-Jun-16 22:03:07

This might sound strange but our puppies always pee'd in the same place until my mum soaked the area in soda water which seemed to get rid of the smell once and for all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now