Talk

Advanced search

poorly jack russell

(11 Posts)
weaselwatcher Fri 10-Jun-16 19:35:06

Jack Russell 4 years old. Gone off her food and is sleeping loads. Has started heavy breathing or panting. Any ideas?? Is drinking water

OrlandaFuriosa Fri 10-Jun-16 19:40:53

How long for? Our JRT (4) has been drinking loads, not eating much and sleeping all day but I've just put it down to a hot day and I exercised him really really seriously this am. ( and I'm sorry to say that he doesn't like dog food). But he's bright eyed in between times. Is yours? If not, and breathing really laboured, I'd head to vet to check chest infection. Like small children, really..

Any photos of her ? Got JrT desire...DH refuses to get another ddog...

weaselwatcher Fri 10-Jun-16 20:24:33

She's fine Inbetween and will get up and play with the kids, chase a ball etc. She'll jump up and bark if she hears something as usual. Maybe just the heat then?? X

weaselwatcher Fri 10-Jun-16 20:41:43

Here she is laid next to me

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 11-Jun-16 10:35:12

She's lovely. Ours gets active at night when the urban foxes come out.

I'd keep an eye on the breathing. She might have a cold or flu. That's when I took ours yo the vet and antibiotics soon turned him round.

weaselwatcher Sat 11-Jun-16 13:59:39

We've been to the vet this morning. Phantom pregnancy blush

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 11-Jun-16 19:15:29

! Poor little thing. Get her some stuffed toys as pseudo puppies, really important. Made all the diff to a Westie I knew.

At least that's not the problem with DDog here...phantom fatherhood...?

weaselwatcher Sat 11-Jun-16 22:07:29

I've been told to take the teddy she is using as a 'puppy' off her?? She's took a liking to my 2 year olds iggle piggle stuffed toy shock

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 12-Jun-16 08:48:37

Why on earth? Sophie ( Westie) carried them round for months and was unhappy and snappy without them. ( they were my soft toys) eventually they disintegrated, but she needed them for quite a bit.

weaselwatcher Sun 12-Jun-16 09:39:49

They said that it just encourages the behaviour and will take longer to stop it? Even told me to take her bed away and give her some thing else for now (I haven't)

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 12-Jun-16 17:35:35

Hmm. I can see the point but you know your dog best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now