Talk

Advanced search

doggy doo-doos

(14 Posts)
ElizaBB Fri 03-Jun-16 17:39:03

Has anybody any experience of a "dicky bag" They seem expensive for what they are, but if they do the job as advertised I might be tempted. I hate carrying the black bag and the smell with me, and sometimes hang it on a tree for on the way home (I do always collect it !). Today I did a circular walk and double bagged the poo then put it into a freezer bag with a zip lock top. Then it went in my bum bag. It was ok until the end of the walk when I got it out and put it in the boot of the car. No obvious holes but it was very stinky. Yuk. We have 2 collie sized mongrels, so if they both drop one the bum bag won't be big enough anyway.

Toooldtobearsed Fri 03-Jun-16 17:52:32

Eliza, I promise, hand on heart, I am notrying evangelical about this time all, but have you considered feeding Raw? The 9nly reason I ask, is that my two (labradors) poos can be virtually picked up with bare hands, and that is if they 'go' at all. I have a pocket fUllapool of poo bags and in three years have filled two of Them!

When I did wet feed my previous digs, I would leave the bag to pick up on my return, double bag and put in the boot with the Offenders!

I truly would not bother with cool bags etc., just drive quicker😁

Toooldtobearsed Fri 03-Jun-16 17:53:41

Good God, the effect wine can Have! Hope you can interpret😀

ElizaBB Fri 03-Jun-16 17:59:52

Ooh, thanks I didn't realise it was wine o'clock already !

Toooldtobearsed Fri 03-Jun-16 18:02:59

Eliza, I promise, hand on heart, I am not trying to be evangelical about this at all, but have you considered feeding raw? The only reason I ask, is that my two (labradors) poos can be virtually picked up with bare hands, and that is if they 'go' at all.
I have a pocket full of poo bags and in three years have filled two of them!

When I did wet feed my previous dogs, I would leave the bag to pick up on my return, double bag and put in the boot with the offenders!

I truly would not bother with cool bags etc., just drive quicker😁

ElizaBB Fri 03-Jun-16 18:05:07

Tooold ...that make me laugh, thanks. Maybe too much info, but the poo is easy to pick up, nice nuggets ! It's just the smell, and our car has no air con so we always have the windows open ! They both have dry expensive kibble. confused

Toooldtobearsed Fri 03-Jun-16 18:05:41

There! Not so pished😂😂

Tis early, I know, but believe me, I need It!

ElizaBB Fri 03-Jun-16 18:07:26

Haha...emergency here, I'm trying to cut down so there is only 1 bottle in the house....can't find corkscrew shock

TheLadyhasarrived Fri 03-Jun-16 18:11:11

I use a dicky bag, they are expensive but mine does work. I took the scented disc thingy out as I couldn't stand the smell of that!

If it's any indication of how well it works, I forgot there was an offending bag in there for 2 days last week. I wouldn't recommend doing that as I nearly fainted when I unzipped the bag.

Be careful with size though, I have a terrier and use the small one and I have to make sure all the air is expelled or it won't fit. So for 2 bigger dogs you would need the biggest maybe? They have a good sizing chart on their website!

ElizaBB Fri 03-Jun-16 18:13:13

Thanks thelady I will have a look, good to hear they do the job.

Toooldtobearsed Fri 03-Jun-16 18:14:40

Are there no poo bins where you walk? Sorry, stupid question, obviously not!

I don't have smelly poos (not me personally, you understand), so a bit of a loss. Only think I can think of in the warmer weather is an ice box, or tie the poo bag to your tow bar/ wing mirror?

A Cork works well😀

ElizaBB Fri 03-Jun-16 18:39:29

Tooold no bins, just farmland. I usually wait for them to "perform" at home then go out...but that isn't always successful.

babyblackbird Fri 03-Jun-16 19:33:11

I bought one about 18 months ago because we walk on the beaches in Cornwall a lot where bins are either at the start or end of your walk.

If you want me to be brutally honest I have used it twice. We have a Labrador so had to get Labrador sized dicky bag and to be honest it's pretty bulky. I did strap it to my belt loops on my jeans once but it was so big it was a bit of a hindrance and apart from masking the smell which I admit it does do I couldn't see the benefit of carrying it rather than a bag. For me, a waste of £35 but it really is each to their own.

frenchiepup Sat 04-Jun-16 09:30:31

I have one and I love it! No more carrying poo for long walks in the countryside etc, pop it in the bag and forget about it until you find a bin. As someone else has said, i have put a poo in it before and forgotten it for a few days - oh my it stunk when i opened it up! But no smell had escaped. Also love the fact its machine washable to get rid of any lingering smells!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now