Please help with this flea question

(6 Posts)
summerdreams Sat 14-May-16 12:44:41

I have 2 dogs a 6yo Yorkshire terrier who's tiny and a large 8yo pomeranian cross, for the last four days the Yorkshire terrier had been scratching like mad I thought it was because my mum bathed her in johnsons baby bath whilst I was out as she had poo on her and my dm couldn't find the dog shampoo. Well I've bathed her in just water and tried to see what's wrong but there's nothing no red skin. Well I've woken up with four bites this morning but the other dog doesn't scratch stall. Can one dog have fleas and the other not? Also why is it just me getting bitten no one else in the household? Any advise please. Ds has no bites.

summerdreams Sat 14-May-16 13:05:22

These are 2 of the bites do they resemble flee bites as it's been years since the dogs last had fleas.

CodyKing Sat 14-May-16 13:13:42

It's not the bite - but how you react - a bit like hay fever -

You need to buy some pest sorry for you - stops them biting you - me and DC but not DD2 react

Some dogs are more prone to fleas - if you defle with a dropper - take them outside where the fleas will jump off - saves them going in the carpet

It you've de flead the dogs recently and they are still in your home - they are hungry and will bite humans more -

Keep vacuuming

Wyldfyre Sat 14-May-16 13:57:50

Bravecto! Tick and flea stuff. You get it from the vet but has a guarantee against fleas

And as Cody said - keep vacuuming

summerdreams Mon 16-May-16 19:06:18

Hi thought I would update this. She has not got fleas we found what we thought was a skin tag that she has had since a pup is now 4 times the size, the vets given her some strong anti itch tablets and is going to biopsy the lump on Wednesday. If the itching doesn't stop by tonight she has to go back tomorrow. sad

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 16-May-16 19:28:09

Oh lord. Bit different to fleas. Hope she's ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now