Paddy has been stolen!

(6 Posts)
tompuss Thu 05-May-16 15:37:39

Hello everyone. My friend had her 1 year old Cairn Terrier, Paddy stolen on the night of Monday 2nd May during an attempted break in at her house at Aylesbury, Bucks. The thieves did not gain entry but it is thought that Paddy went out of his dog flap to investigate and was stolen.

The next day, his collar was found in the car park of the Tesco Express, 1 mile away. It had been removed and dumped.

The thieves have been recorded on the CCTV from the next door property and there is now a huge effort to try and track Paddy and recover him. As you can imagine my friend and her family are absolutely distraught.

Paddy now has his own Facebook group, Please Find Our Paddy and my friend has received overwhelming support, both locally and nationally. Her inital messages received over 70,000 shares and we are all trying to make Paddy "too hot to handle".

Please could I ask you to look at this group page and share and/or do whatever you can to help us? Very many thanks.

www.facebook.com/groups/1570749833222956/

InternationalHouseofToast Thu 05-May-16 15:49:43

Presumably the Tesco car park will also have CCTV and they can ask the Police to look for the vehicle's registration number?

tompuss Thu 05-May-16 16:21:27

Thanks InternationalHouse. Unfortunately the Tesco does not have complete CCTV coverage and the Police are still trying to follow this up. The adjacent pub does not have night vision.

mrslaughan Thu 05-May-16 21:02:48

Are you on Facebook - there are a couple of really good horsey Facebook groups local to this . Hertfordshire horses and everything equine , Herts, beds and bucks . ..... I know they are horse groups but people will share for dogs.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Thu 05-May-16 21:13:58

sad How awful, I do hope they find him thanks

tompuss Fri 06-May-16 08:52:56

mrslaughan Yes we are sharing to Facebook groups far and wide and as many as we can think of so thanks for these suggestions.

No news yet except that they have received threatening calls demanding money paid into an account but with no proof available that the callers have Paddy. It's a well known scam apparently. The Police are investigating this also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now