Talk

Advanced search

Bed recommendations please!

(8 Posts)
WhereTheFuckIsWonderWoman Tue 03-May-16 10:31:15

My old boy is getting on a bit so I'd like him to have something lovely and cosy. He loves lying on the sofa but he's finding it harder to jump up onto it which is why I'd like him to have something new and special.

I don't want to spend a fortune and it needs to be easily washed... Oh and he's a lab, for size reference!

TIA smile

tabulahrasa Tue 03-May-16 11:22:45

I've got a memory foam one from pets at home, mine is a rottie so similar sized, it did cost £60 so not cheap cheap, but not ridiculous either and it came with a waterproof liner and a washable fleece cover...dog seems to like it.

CMOTDibbler Tue 03-May-16 11:35:44

I have memory foam ones from a seller on ebay - one is flat, the other chip filled. Really good value and come with two removable washable covers

babyblackbird Tue 03-May-16 14:50:05

My lab loves his Danish Design snuggle bed, it's very padded and has deep sides which he loves to use as a pillow. I bought him a ridiculously large one which he can stretch out in and think it was about £45 ish,

Wyldfyre Tue 03-May-16 19:26:24

Not cheap but the HiK9 beds are supposed to be good for older dogs. The raised bed keeps them warmer in winter and cooler in summer. You can also get tunnel covers for them

Madbengalmum Tue 03-May-16 19:31:17

I cant manage to get my old girl onto anything she feels moves under her feet. So, i bought a thick duvet and a nice cover, and i doubled it up and she loves it. It is very easy to stick in the washing machine too.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Tue 03-May-16 19:31:57

Bronte Glen are fantastic, both my dogs have a Bronte Glen bed, big dog has a Trojan and little dog has a bespoke size Senior Gold cosy mattress bed, they arefab, big dog has had his since October and it is still just as squishy as the day it arrived!

I have also heard wonderful things about Kumfipet. I know several people that have these and they say the sizes are very generous, the pricing is very reasonable and they are excellent quality.

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 03-May-16 20:17:25

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, I used a second hand memory foam cot bed mattress. Used a cheap single duvet set from argos to make a cover. My dogs like their heads raised so they have pillows, too.

Just a word of warning, dog claws tend to puncture waterproof covers, causing beds to make a sort of whistling noise as the dogs get on and off...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now