Talk

Advanced search

What colour would you paint a hallway with dogs in it?

(14 Posts)
DailyMailAreArses Mon 02-May-16 18:32:41

Our hall is getting very dirty as we have four dogs. What colour paint would you use - I don't want it too dary, but want to disguise the mud a bit.

EasyToEatTiger Mon 02-May-16 19:24:54

Mud colour then. You could take a bit of local mud to your paint shop and ask them to colour matchgrin If you are houseproud, you may want an easily cleanable paint, then it doesn't really matter what colour it is. Doggy walls do look rather, well, doggy. It's the smeared mud and grease that gets me. If you're fussy about the specific colour matching to disguise the muddy patches, you could take a close look at the colour of the mud. It will have tones of blue or red or yellow however slight. That might guide you a bit. Our hallway is such a vile colour that the mud really doesn't show. I'm not sure you would want to go down that path though!

almostthirty Mon 02-May-16 19:26:24

The wall next to our kitchen door used to be awful- so we painted it black with chalk board paint for the dc to draw on. It works great . But probably not good for your whole hall!

ScrotesOnFire Mon 02-May-16 19:27:59

Just use washable paint?

DailyMailAreArses Mon 02-May-16 19:47:33

Thank you. I'm seriously sick of washing walls - I'd have to do them twice a day. Looks like it's brown then!

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 02-May-16 19:50:47

Dulux do a paint called Muddy Puddle. We've painted our lounge with it. Just right for hiding the mess. grin

lavendersun Mon 02-May-16 19:52:32

I painted mine something called Ancient Artifact from Dulux, sort of a muted sage green.

To begin with I just painted the walls and then got fed up of the skirting boards being filthy so I had the same colour mixed in satinwood and did the whole thing.

We sold our house and are now renting, I find everything being cream fairly stressful!

lavendersun Mon 02-May-16 19:53:41

This

tabulahrasa Mon 02-May-16 22:13:45

My hall is muddy puddle as well, lol...

DailyMailAreArses Tue 03-May-16 14:11:22

Thank you - those are just what we are looking for!

Watto1 Tue 03-May-16 14:16:36

If brown is too dark to paint all the walls, you could go 1980s retro - brown on bottom half under a dado rail with a lighter colour on the top half?

Gide Tue 03-May-16 19:33:31

Just use paint you can scrub, Johnson's do one, so do Dulux, probably loads more brands. My back corridor leading to the garden is magnolia, but with the hard wearing paint. I give it a wash down with soap and water and a sponge occasionally. Alternatively, use anaglypta paper halfway up, gloss paint over, it will withstand years of hard scrubbing, my hall had this for years and I regret getting rid!

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 03-May-16 20:13:01

Yeah, bit Gide that takes effort! Our way we can just leave the mud on the walls. On fact, I reckon it'll hide any scuffs. <slattern>

lavendersun Tue 03-May-16 20:27:33

My old decorator chap had a good idea for the wall as you came into my hallway, left hand side was just a wall painted with the ancient artifact, right hand side was oak panelling.

He said one day (after seeing the state of it), best thing you could do with that is to use those metro tiles and grey grout - thought it was a fantastic suggestion but had run out of the energy to do anything else to the money pit of a place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now