Talk

Advanced search

Transport from the vets after neutering

(10 Posts)
LovelyBrewandBiscuits Fri 15-Apr-16 13:37:15

Our rescue dog needs to be neutered in the next couple of months.

We don't drive. The vets is about a mile away.

Am I right in thinking she'll be groggy and unable to walk after the operation so we can't walk her home?

If so, has anyone tried one of those dog pushchairs like this? And if so, would this be okay for getting her home? Or too bumpy? She's not been in one before and can be nervous of new things.

Sorry, this seems like such a trivial matter but when you don't drive every thing needs to be planned much more!

aginghippy Fri 15-Apr-16 13:45:35

Yes, I agree it's good to plan in advance.

I took my girl home from her spay in a minicab. I explained the situation and the dispatcher then asked the drivers if one of them was willing to have a dog in their car. As it turned out, the driver who took us had his own dog and was lovely with ddog.

Floralnomad Fri 15-Apr-16 13:57:39

I think a car would be better , if you google you may find a local pet taxi service or you could try a local dog walker and see if they could collect her .

LovelyBrewandBiscuits Fri 15-Apr-16 14:11:37

Oh thanks both. Yes, I was a bit worried about the bumpy walk home in the pushchair.

I'll have a look at pet taxis now didn't even know that was a thing

CMOTDibbler Fri 15-Apr-16 14:12:49

My dad used to do 'Pets to the Vets' and it was amazingly busy!

Wolfiefan Fri 15-Apr-16 14:13:47

Can anyone give you both a lifted home? Does the vets run an ambulance?

Floralnomad Fri 15-Apr-16 14:30:28

Have you actually asked at the vets to see if someone could deliver her back to you at your expense ? If not are the rescue able to help at all .

3boys3dogshelp Fri 15-Apr-16 14:34:57

Some vets have a ambulance service so could bring your dog home. My last practice did it if asked but didn't really advertise it.
Most taxi services will have a couple of cabs willing to take dogs if you ask too. Please don't walk home if at all possible.

tabulahrasa Fri 15-Apr-16 16:02:18

Just book a taxi, tell them you'll have a dog with you and they'll send the driver that takes dogs.

I've done it loads before I drove.

WeAllHaveWings Fri 15-Apr-16 16:12:15

our lab wouldn't have been able to walk home, or even jump into the car. had to be slowly walked to car and lifted in. agree try to find someone to give you a lift/taxi.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now