How long does Petlog take?

(11 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Tue 22-Mar-16 14:48:32

We adopted our dog on 25th January, the kennels sent off the paperwork to register her chip to us and we haven't had a letter or anything yet. I've only just realised how long it's been. I'm getting a little concerned now, especially as the law comes in on 6th April.

Also, not sure if it's relevant, but she wasn't chipped before we got her so it won't be changing her ownership, it'll be registering a new chip. But MIL has recently changed ownership of her new dog, he was chipped and registered to the old owner, and I'm sure her confirmation letter only took a couple of weeks, 3 at the most.

Should I chase it up, and with whom? Ask the kennels, make sure they sent it, and if they did, then what should I do?

cheerfulmary Tue 22-Mar-16 15:14:08

I've never had to wait for a confirmation letter I have always had a copy of the details when I have had the chip inserted into my dog. So the kennels should have the paperwork if that is where the microchipping was done

cheerfulmary Tue 22-Mar-16 15:15:38

Or do you mean changing details in which case I have always done that online

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Tue 22-Mar-16 15:22:54

I mean a letter to confirm that she has been chipped and registered to me. Does that exist? I just sort of assumed it did as MIL got a letter to confirm that her dog had been registered to her.

Scuttlebutter Tue 22-Mar-16 15:29:45

Yes, you should get a letter. We got our foster girl Sara moved to us from the rescue. Paperwork sent off about ten days ago, we got the stuff back from them at the weekend. Even allowing for them being super busy at the moment, something has gone wrong. Follow this up with the rescue.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Tue 22-Mar-16 15:46:14

Actually thinking about it, we haven't got anything for Sprocket either and I sent my details off on 1st Feb to be added to his chip. Two different rescues and no confirmations for either of them confused

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 22-Mar-16 19:24:18

Depends on the chip manufacturer, if the implanter is registering on line then the certificate that you git at the time of microchipping is all the proof you need there won't be a letter.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 22-Mar-16 22:39:19

Sent ours for our rescue spaniel off a while ago and am still awaiting the confirmation letter/email too.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Thu 24-Mar-16 12:37:52

Mine came through the post today. The spaniel is finally ours grin

AnUtterIdiot Mon 28-Mar-16 17:55:27

I got an email, just under 5 weeks after we signed the papers and took Baron von Pointy home.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 28-Mar-16 17:55:49

I'd chase, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now