Talk

Advanced search

bright red blood in poo

(5 Posts)
hackneyzoo Sun 20-Mar-16 12:46:13

My lovely 10 year old dog has had red blood in his poo over the weekend. He is straining to go and the last week his stomach has been making lots of odd gurgling noises.
He is eating as normal and is behaving as normal. He's a mongrel rescue dog about the size of a lab. I'm going to take him to the vet first thing but any ideas what would cause this?
He also has lots of lumps on his tummy which the vet said were probably just fatty lumps that older dogs get. Now I'm worried it's something more sinister sad

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 20-Mar-16 13:30:51

Don't know but sending hugs. Hope he's ok.

tadpole39 Sun 20-Mar-16 14:06:47

My website had this when I foolishly changed his food, it sounded like a train going through him and the wind! The fresh blood appeared on day 4, the vet said it was gastritis and the bland food and probiotic combo would sort it out. Which it did, he was perfectly normal throughout except spinning round to gaze suspiciously at the noises coming out of him! It was alarming though.

tadpole39 Sun 20-Mar-16 14:07:28

Westie not website.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 20-Mar-16 17:06:21

I think it can be a sign of colitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now