Talk

Advanced search

how many poos?!

(8 Posts)
bigbutsrus1 Sat 19-Mar-16 08:44:49

We have a lovely little 11 week old whippet. House training going really well. The odd little wee accident but mostly everything outside. The first week it felt like we were in and out the door every half hour or 10 mins after he ate and drank anything. It now seems to be guess work! For example he doesn't ask to go out but I just take him at regular intervals. Last week he probably did a poo every time we let him out, but now he seems only to do maybe two a day, and only up in our garden. Is this what slowly happens? The little poos merge into two big ones? Maybe out on walks? grinhmm

1frenchfoodie Sat 19-Mar-16 13:36:47

Our 12 week old lab x cocker gets fed 2x a day and poos on walks before breakfast and before dinner. Often poos in 2 or 3 goes but as part of one session if you see what I mean. Weeing is a completley different story - he holds for hours at night but we can be up every 15 mins during the day.

1frenchfoodie Sat 19-Mar-16 13:37:54

He asks to go out for most wees but we have had the odd regressive day with multiple wees inside even after a few dry days, annoying/puzzling.

bigbutsrus1 Sat 19-Mar-16 13:39:25

Ah ok so it seems maybe this is a pattern forming. Ours seems to do a quick wee and then has an accident inside. I now try to actually walk around the garden and he does about 3 big wees first thing! Can't wait until he can go out for walks!

pigsDOfly Sat 19-Mar-16 19:57:29

When my dog was a puppy I was amazed how often she pooed.

Now she's an adult - nearly five years old - she usually only poos once a day and has done for some time.

Not sure if lots of little poos become one big one exactly smile but in my experience that does seem to be more or less the case.

MrsJayy Sat 19-Mar-16 20:00:52

Jaydog was fed 4 times a day when we first got him so thats a lot of poop settled down when he went down to 2 meals

TheFutureMrsB Sat 19-Mar-16 20:06:24

Mine gets fed twice everyday plus whatever the kids feed him and he poops at least 4 times on every walk! Rarely in the garden though unless it's pouring with rain when he refuses to go for walks then he will do it there instead and then it's just twice. My DH calls fondly calls the poor dog "The Shit Machine" grin

CreepingDogFart Sat 19-Mar-16 21:03:46

Poogate will calm down. Keep being patient and praising for toilets outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now