Talk

Advanced search

weeing/marking at night

(4 Posts)
fuzzyfozzy Wed 09-Mar-16 15:40:31

Hi. I've got two cocker spaniels, one male who's 4 and another male who's 2.
Every morning I wake up to a puddle, they seem to have been aiming for an object, toy or table leg etc.
They are both house trained during the day, they have a dog flap they can and do use.
I've never seen an accident inside during the day.
I've put an outside light up, I leave the light on in the utility (where the flap is).
I've washed the areas in dog stuff, flash, fabric conditioner but they either repeat or go somewhere else.
Please help!

fuzzyfozzy Wed 09-Mar-16 19:09:23

Anyone?

BallyGoBackwards Sun 13-Mar-16 16:25:59

I had this exact problem. My dog had the run of a large kitchen. It was a nightmare as the pee would travel along the grouting of the floor tiles and I was miserable cleaning every morning. Anyway just after he turned one year I moved him into the utility room. He goes in when we are going to bed and comes out in morning, just lift his bed in for nighttime. So he has a much smaller area. That has done the trick.

Another Mumnetter closed off an area of her kitchen using a large foldable fire guard and again that worked.

Could you try either of those ideas?

fuzzyfozzy Sun 13-Mar-16 17:10:05

You're completely right, if I put them in the utility a night I don't have the problem. But I feel guilt, I work from home and they're in the utility in the day, so feel bad putting them away at night. Argh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now