Talk

Advanced search

I don't fecking believe this. Could my pup have just ejaculated on the sofa?!

(8 Posts)
Dieu Wed 09-Mar-16 00:47:41

I've just been reading on the sofa, with pup lying asleep beside me. He starts doing a humping motion in his sleep. A while later when he wakes and moves off the sofa, I notice a fairly large damp patch on the (fabric) sofa. I'm not terribly good with smells, so blotted it with kitchen roll to see what it was, as obviously it would come up yellow if pee. The tissue was fairly colourless, although a good bit of the dampness had soaked into the sofa by then. blush
Pup is a 10 month old, unneutered male.
Has he really just come all over my lovely sofa? confused
To be honest, I think I'd rather that than he pissed on it (as perverse as this sounds)!
Jesus, who'd get a male dog?!

Dieu Wed 09-Mar-16 01:05:49

1) of course he would need to be an entire male, to have come on the sofa. Doh!

2) he has refused to go outside for his last pee of the night. Bloody Shih Tzus and the rain. So I am now leaning more towards it being urine on the sofa. He is housetrained, or as close to it as he'll ever get (90%).

Which do you think it was? Pretty grim either way. And in any case is it common for them to, ahem, forget themselves in their sleep?

Thanks for reading and speculating!

WhoaCadburys Wed 09-Mar-16 07:44:09

Oh no. That's awful.

We have a massive puppy so he will be doing that by the bucket soon!

insan1tyscartching Wed 09-Mar-16 08:43:36

Eric hasn't humped since he was about the same age as your dog, he had a cushion that he'd hump so I threw it away grin I think the day it was a sticky mess prompted me throwing it away tbh so yes Eric could do the business so to speak but he was always awake when doing it. Once the cushion went the humping stopped and even though he has an eye for the bitches he never attempts to hump them or anything else.

BlackMarigold Wed 09-Mar-16 08:57:17

Sounds unlikely, dogs take longer to ejaculate, that's why they end up "tied" together when mating.
Before my lab was neutered at 3 yrs he used to hump his bed. If I didn't stop him in time he'd end up with a huge erection and stand there looking bewildered for 10 minutes or so dripping over the floor while I tried to shove him out the back door.

Dieu Wed 09-Mar-16 09:36:05

Giggling like mad at these replies, even though they probably weren't even intended as funny!!

TrionicLettuce Wed 09-Mar-16 12:27:21

Neutered dogs can still ejaculate, it just doesn't contain any sperm. DDog1 (who was neutered before we got him at around three years old) did it several times, usually on soft furnishings but on one memorable occasion it was on DDog2 shock He must have been at least nine or ten years old by that point, randy old sod.

Dieu Wed 09-Mar-16 13:28:04

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now