Talk

Advanced search

How did she do this??!

(3 Posts)
JessieEssex Sun 06-Mar-16 20:55:22

While we were out today, our JRT cross managed to get onto the kitchen worktop and eat the remaining two thirds of a carrot cake (she's fine by the way...)
She has jumped on the top once before, by leaping from the armchair that we had stupidly left too close to the side.
HOWEVER, today we left it well out of the way, yet when we got home SHE HAD MOVED IT so that she could again jump to the worktop. Although I was cross that she ate the cake (on Mother's Day!!), I was secretly impressed. How the hell can a little dog shift a heavy armchair at least 18 inches across the kitchen floor??
Any theories? I'm seriously considering cctv in the kitchen to see what she gets up to. It must be like mission impossible in there...

nosuchnumber Sun 06-Mar-16 22:29:56

grin she was probably the picture of innocence before you discovered that she had eaten the cake.

I discovered today that my B.C. puppy can jump over the gate. She had refused to jump over a tiny hurdle in puppy class (making me look quite silly when I did jump.. twice) but had no trouble with the 4ft gate. It took me quite a while to convince her to come back into the garden. Nearly had a heart attack when she darted off towards the road.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 07-Mar-16 11:27:08

Levitation! It's the only answer.

My Saint could get food off the side quite easily but can't be bothered (there's been the remains of yesterdays beef joint there all night for example) my old cat on the other hand would open cupboards to get what he wanted...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now