Talk

Advanced search

Puppy?!

(5 Posts)
Wolfiefan Wed 24-Feb-16 20:43:42

Aargh! Having finally said yes about a year ago to us getting a dog my DH is now having a wobble!
Please tell me if I'm being an idiot!!!
Our youngest child is 6. I don't work so I have time to exercise and train.
He's worried about the restrictions it would place on us (eg we do have day trips.) I reckon we could get someone in once the dog is older if we want to go out for the day. Walk first. My mum lived round the corner so she could let it out and sit here for an hour! Walk again when we get home.
Holiday. Kennels ok surely.
Upsetting our cats. They are 8 month old cats. I reckon they could adjust. And then my mum started saying I couldn't ever leave a sight hound and cats alone. Ever!
I'm just doubting myself I think. This is a dog breed I have loved for years. I know this breeder so I trust them. But it's a massive commitment.
Thanks if you made it to the end of this garbled mess!

Wolfiefan Wed 24-Feb-16 20:44:17

And then I've also seen a rescue I really like the look of!

tabulahrasa Wed 24-Feb-16 23:33:20

Some days out are dog compatible, others, yep it's totally fine to leave an adult dog with someone popping in for a day out.

I'd be loathe to leave a sighthound with cats tbh...or any newly acquired adult dog as well - but I'm assuming you have at least one room with a door?

My current dog is crated (for various reasons) but with my last one, the cats got the kitchen and living room and the dog got the hall and upstairs when we left them.

Costacoffeeplease Wed 24-Feb-16 23:36:05

I have two sight hounds and 15 cats - no dogs or cats have been injured so far

LyndaNotLinda Wed 24-Feb-16 23:37:46

I leave my dog with the cats. They're more likely to injure him than the other way round. Puppy with adult cats is probably a better way round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now