Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about terrier fur!

(4 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Tue 23-Feb-16 21:16:30

What terriers have soft fur? My experience with terrier fur is limited. I have a Border Terrier and her fur is very wiry, not soft at all. I know another BT who has wiry fur. My friend has a terrier cross, she has been told that the dog is a BT x Patterdale. But we just can't see Patterdale in her at all, and her fur is really soft. I thought Patterdales also had wiry fur. I have just seen a photo on facebook on a Borders in rescue page (see attached screenshot), the photo is of a Lakeland cross who is the spitting image of my friends dog, the face shape is exactly the same, the body shape is exactly the same, the colouring is almost identical, it's quite spooky! The only difference I can see is that his fur looks wiry. I (and friend!) would love to know what mix her dog is, and why she is so soft (honestly, she feels like a fluffy puppy!). I can't wait to show my friend this photo and see what she thinks.

Floralnomad Tue 23-Feb-16 21:29:47

My mum has littermate border X JRT , one is wiry and one is soft - both get hand stripped . I have a patterdale X ( poss JRT) and when he has hair it is wiry.

Wolfiefan Tue 23-Feb-16 21:31:34

Why do you ask?

LimeJellyHead Fri 26-Feb-16 09:02:55

Our Jack Russell cross had a mix of soft and wiry fur... wiry on his tail and scruff, soft everywhere else. We just adopted a fox terrier cross and he is very soft, with slightly wiry tail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now