Talk

Advanced search

My friend is a hero!

(10 Posts)
Openmindedmonkey Mon 22-Feb-16 12:04:25

I just want to share with you what my friend goldenspacecadet did this morning. She SAVED A DOG'S LIFE!!!!
Golden was walking a pair of dogs for a friend when one of them began to choke on something they had picked up off the ground.
After a struggle, she managed to remove half of the obstacle, so a little bit of air could get through. But the dog was limp & lifeless.
A passing driver stopped & drove them to the vet's where the dog was put on to oxygen & is being kept in for observation.
If it hadn't been for my friend's quick & skilled action, this could have had a very different ending.
flowers for Golden!

GoldenSpacedCadet Mon 22-Feb-16 14:12:59

Thank you openmindedmonkey grin this morning has been a lovely reminder of how good hearted people can be. If that car hadn't stopped the dog would now be dead as time was the essence as the poor pups gums had gone blue through lack of oxygen. The three people in the car were all dressed up and the car interior was immaculate but it ( & a rather glamorous woman in the back where I sat with the dogs) was/were caked in mud blush after I'd got out. Anyway, happy ending the dog is fine smile

WhoaCadburys Mon 22-Feb-16 20:01:27

Well done Spaced!

GoldenSpacedCadet Mon 22-Feb-16 21:58:31

Than you Cadbury

Slippersandacuppa Mon 22-Feb-16 21:59:57

This nearly made me cry! There's so much sadness around that it's lovely to hear a happy, hope-filled story. Thank you and well done!

GoldenSpacedCadet Tue 23-Feb-16 16:45:59

Yes Slippers it has renewed my faith in human kindness. Not many people would stop their car for a half dead dog, a muddy hyper puppy and a hysterical woman. My mum thinks it's karma as a couple of weeks ago I was flagged down in my car by a confused elderly lady who wanted a lift into the village ( I wasn't going that way and it was hideous school run traffic) and I took pity on her and duly drove her to her destination so maybe karma was indeed paying me back in my moment of need.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 23-Feb-16 22:04:51

Aww, well done you. 🐶💐

DramaAlpaca Tue 23-Feb-16 22:13:01

Well done Golden star flowers star

My DS saved a dog's life when he was about 15. He & his mates were on lunch break from school when they spotted a dog which had fallen in the canal nearby and was struggling as the sides of the canal are steep & there was nowhere for it to get out. DS got his friends to sit on his legs while he dangled over the edge of the canal bank and pulled the dog out of the water. The owner was so grateful & I was so proud of him. His uniform was a bit of a mess though and he had some explaining to do back at school!

GoldenSpacedCadet Tue 23-Feb-16 22:23:53

That's lovely drama what a great story and what a great DS you have got! Hearing stuff like this warms my heart

DramaAlpaca Tue 23-Feb-16 22:31:46

Thanks Golden smile His friends call him the dog whisperer because he's never met a dog who doesn't like him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now