Talk

Advanced search

if your dogs poo....

(7 Posts)
babyblackbird Mon 15-Feb-16 08:15:13

Gets softer as the day goes on, what does that indicate ? I would normally have thought over feeding but he is very slight and if anything on the edge of being a little underweight. He's on Millie's Utility..... Any advice appreciated...

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Mon 15-Feb-16 09:36:02

My dogs poo has always done that, the first poo is great, the second is softer and the third is generally just mush.

Springermum1350 Mon 15-Feb-16 09:40:05

My vet said it has to do with the amount of time it stays in the bowels. So the first one in the morning has been there for a while and the rest not so much.

She said as long as your dog is not doing cow pats all the time not to worry.

babyblackbird Mon 15-Feb-16 09:44:12

Thanks - yes what you describe Sexlube is exactly how my dogs poo is. I always call the last an excitement poo as it's usually when we are out walking and it's usually so small it feels like he does it for the sake of it!

AnUtterIdiot Mon 15-Feb-16 09:56:39

Ours too. 3 poos per walk. First two perfectly liftable. Last poo basically a splat. I suspect him of wringing out the last one for the sake of it grin

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Mon 15-Feb-16 11:08:53

I call the last one 'scraping the bowel' (scraping the barrel grin )

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 16-Feb-16 21:21:55

Mine does exactly the same. I always think the last one, on his evening walk, is an excitement poo after seeing other dogs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now