Talk

Advanced search

Anyone use Tails.com?

(6 Posts)
BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 12-Feb-16 12:01:28

Does anyone use Tails.com? I've had a 2 week free trial leaflet with a parcel I received so wondered if they're worth it? We've been thinking about changing her food anyway. I've got as far as filling out all her details & what they've chosen doesn't sound all that different to what she currently has (well a slightly higher meat content which I like), it's slightly cheaper & is a larger size biscuit which will be better for her. Just looking for some opinions on them as a company & what they're like to deal with first I suppose. from the reviews I've read via Google they seem good but I trust you lot more wink

WeAllHaveWings Fri 12-Feb-16 22:13:17

When I tried it in the past it came up with a recipe containing maize and salt (sodium) and was £50 a bag. As far as I could see it was a gimmicky way to sell mediocre food at a premium price.

If you are looking for another food try the allaboutdogfood website.

shanghaismog Sat 13-Feb-16 08:45:55

It costs about £20/month to feed our springer. Generally I think it's been fine, dog loves it, food arrives without effort. That said, we've just tried to get them to send our most recent delivery to a different address (dog staying there for 10 days) but despite 2 emails and a phone call, I believe we have got absolutely nowhere at all. Annoying lack of customer service.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 13-Feb-16 09:40:29

Thank you both.

She's currently fed on Royal Canin, which when you dig deeper isn't all it's cracked up to be (it's what she came to me eating & I wanted to let her settle before changing) . Previous St was fed on Arden Grange but we were having trouble getting it. Online we would get to checkout to find it was out of stock & local pet shops hardly ever had it in. They also changed the recipe some time ago so it isn't quite as good as it used to be. I think I was paying around £35 for 12kg

WeAll That's my suspicion. My recipe was actually better after fiddling around than what she's currently on but I did tick a lot of boxes on the dietary requirements bit mainly to knock the shit out so the recipe came out ok.

shanghai This has come out at £46 for 18.5kg current food is between £36-£56 for 15kg so cheaper overall (I usually pay closer to £56) & of course wouldn't last as long due to smaller bags. We've just got a new bag of her usual food so I've ordered the free trial & I'll mix it & see how she goes. It sounds like their customer service isn't great though! I hope you get it sorted!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 13-Feb-16 09:41:53

I'm sure I worry more about what I feed the dog than what I feed my DC grin

Chattymummyhere Sat 13-Feb-16 16:38:18

We found that it was still pretty crap food overpriced, but people buy it as its sold to you as tailed to your dog which is really isn't as its just box ticking on and online form.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now