Talk

Advanced search

Eating bedding - Help!!!

(4 Posts)
TreacleMoon123 Fri 05-Feb-16 21:17:02

I have a one year old springer cross who insists on eating every single bed and blanket I give her. She has plenty of toys and gets lots of ever use. Any tips to get her to stop? I'm am broke from buying new bedding!

LittlePixieMa Fri 05-Feb-16 21:29:38

Lol, we had that problem, beds were toys!! Forget dog beds, they're happy sleeping anywhere. We have not reintroduced one at 2.5 years and so far it hasn't been eaten!!

WeAllHaveWings Fri 05-Feb-16 23:29:59

Our lab did this and just stopped suddenly at around 18 months. We used vet bed which he still chewed a bit but it was much cheaper to replace. You can buy 150cm x 100cm for about £24 and cut to size. Or you could try bitter Apple spray, but if she stops chewing the bed she might start on something else (your sofa, carpets....)

Claraoswald36 Sat 06-Feb-16 18:50:10

We bought a reinforced cushion from pets at home to put in a plastic bed. I thought he would chew the plastic bed but he hasn't. He has got a hole into the cushion though. It's better if he can't pull anything loose. If the bedding is tucked in tightly I mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now