Talk

Advanced search

Help, jrt suddenly off colour.

(3 Posts)
Themodernuriahheep Fri 05-Feb-16 19:47:58

jrt, normally life and soul, has been sleeping next to me in bed and ignoring all sounds of dogs, cats foxes outside and the remains of my lamb stew. Lying down now, when sitting up really droopy. Warm dry nose. First want water. Ate one chunk of lamb to please me but ignored (thin) gravy. Unheard of

Wwyd, how long would you leave him before going to vet?

TheTigerIsOut Fri 05-Feb-16 19:51:37

How long since he started looking like that?

Not hungry, I would ignore until tomorrow, but really droopy, I would get him to the vet asap.

Themodernuriahheep Fri 05-Feb-16 22:05:05

Tiger, thanks, we did.

No sign of an obstruction in throat or chest, heart fine but raised temp. So has had antibiotics and anti inflammatory. Still wibbly and droopy from time to time but wagging tail occasionally.

He was lying like a slug iyswim, or when sitting was hunched, head down , paying no attention. You know how you know if children are really ill because they are no longer alert and bright eyed, it was like that.

Now capable of licking faces. Mind you, he told vet he would bite her and tried to nip her...need to address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now