Talk

Advanced search

Well that was a craptastic day .

(14 Posts)
Plomino Wed 27-Jan-16 20:47:11

Our lovely greyhound had to be put to sleep this morning . He was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in his shoulder , which was highly aggressive , and spread rapidly in the space of three weeks , leaving us with no options other than to let him go . I'm gutted , DH is gutted , and kids are devastated . And just to add to it all , I managed to back into someone else's car whilst taking DS to work . Great . Fucking great .

Our other lovely hound is bewildered , and keeps curling up next to me , nudging me as if to say 'I'm here !' But she's not happy either and keeps looking for him , as she did when we lost our first boy . So I think we're going to have to get her a new dog friend . But today I just feel like howling . Again .

Pippin8 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:50:24

So sorry to hear this. It's so hard. I cried on & off for a week when we lost our boy in November. Never thought I'd be like that over a dog. We lasted 6 weeks before we got another.

AnUtterIdiot Wed 27-Jan-16 20:53:21

flowers so sorry

Toughasoldboots Wed 27-Jan-16 20:53:55

sad so sorry, what a hideous day for you, you must feel the space so badly.
There is always room when you feel ready flowers

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 27-Jan-16 20:56:04

Oh gawd, I'm so sorry. 💐

CMOTDibbler Wed 27-Jan-16 20:59:49

I'm so sorry xx

SmileAndNod Wed 27-Jan-16 21:03:07

Oh bless youflowers. I'm so sorry for your loss and the gap that it leaves in your family. We lost our dog 6 years ago and there's not a day goes by when I don't think of him.
Since November however, I've had snuggles with our new pup. He's utterly gorgeous, not the same, but I'm still totally in love. I feel disloyal to our old dog, but I hope he's pleased that we're loving and spoiling another pup even though he did disgrace himself at puppy training last night
Hope tomorrow is a bit easier for you flowers

TrionicLettuce Wed 27-Jan-16 21:05:30

I'm so, so sorry sad flowers

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 27-Jan-16 21:34:28

Osteosarcoma is fucking evil, we lost our Lab to it in 2014, he was diagnosed on the Friday and we had to make the decision on the following Tuesday. I had some of his ashes made into a bead I wear every day. I am so sorry for your loss flowers.

rudolphlosthisslipper Wed 27-Jan-16 21:37:20

I have my old dogs collar tag on my house keys- that way, i still get to take him wherever I go. Plus really lucky the other week when i dropped them in town and as my number was on the tag the guy who found them was able to call me and give them back grin

Arseface Wed 27-Jan-16 21:39:17

Ok no! So sorry to hear this. One of our greyhounds is getting on and I'm absolutely dreading it.
You did the most caring thing you could under the circs though. Saving them that pain is no small thing.

Hope you have an easier day tomorrow.

rudolphlosthisslipper Wed 27-Jan-16 21:40:16

Posted too soon, sorry!

Sorry your going through this. It hurts now but it does get a little easier. I found it easier to get his stuff into the agrage straight away when mine passed so i wasnt continously walking past it- toys, bowl etc. Maybe a bit more difficult with another dog but it helped me.

Sending hugs

Plomino Wed 27-Jan-16 22:12:11

Thanks for your thoughts . It's so hard . Every evening I would grumble at him heaving himself onto the sofa and laying right across my knees so I got pins and needles . How I wish I had pins and needles tonight .

We're going to get him cremated , and put him under one of our apple trees alongside my big horse's ashes , so they can be back racing together as they always did - both running together just for the sheer hell of it to see who could get to the water trough first .

MaynJune Thu 28-Jan-16 09:18:33

That made me cry. He clearly had a lovely life with you and your family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now