Talk

Advanced search

Chihuahua World - is this wrong or am I not thinking straight?

(13 Posts)
BurningBridges Thu 21-Jan-16 11:40:50

This ad came up on Facebook, I couldn't believe it - its this breeding facility some sort of nightmare? Or an acceptable alternative to backstreet breeders? I'm sitting here like shock

www.chihuahuaworlduk.com/our-world/chihuahua-world-s-facilities#our-in-home-whelping-area-and-night-time-3-level-sleeping-quarters

TrionicLettuce Thu 21-Jan-16 11:50:53

They're a puppy farm. A fancy looking one but a puppy farm all the same.

BurningBridges Thu 21-Jan-16 11:54:17

sad

Its like they've tried to make it look acceptable. I don't know why I am so shocked when you think of all the bastards out there exploiting dogs.

ImBrian Thu 21-Jan-16 18:14:39

Why does a dog need a slide!?

pigsDOfly Thu 21-Jan-16 19:00:58

And look at the prices.

Teacup? Another word for 'runt of the litter'?

TheoriginalLEM Thu 21-Jan-16 19:07:36

Oh God, that is fucking awful, i don't have the words - bastard cunts sad

We had a woman ring into the vets where i work telling me all about her breeding set up as she was getting back into breeding and set up to have 9 bitches imported from eastern europe.Telling me how she was a "proper breeder" I told her to do one, we don't deal with puppy farmers. I don't care if i get into trouble, we don't need clients like that.

My DD is desperate for a chihuahua, the only way we will get one is as a rescue because i refuse to fund cunts like this.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 21-Jan-16 19:09:45

Oh my fuck! they ahve a rehoming facility too - how lovely, they rehome the bitches when they are no longer suitable for the breeding program. BASTARDS

i wish i never clicked on the link now, im upset - surely something can be done about this.

TrionicLettuce Thu 21-Jan-16 19:16:44

The wording on the "rehoming" page suggests to me that they rehome their bitches at around 5 to 7 years as standard but they might get rid of them earlier if they're not suitable for their "breeding programme" read: aren't producing enough puppies or the puppies aren't small enough

Used up and unwanted at five years old ffs angry

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 21-Jan-16 19:40:29

Jesus! Talk about being blatant. Did anyone see the blog bit where she's posted something about puppy farms?angry

BurningBridges Thu 21-Jan-16 20:49:48

Didn't see that Bernard not sure if I could look again. I'm speechless, I can't anything coherent to this thread.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 21-Jan-16 20:58:18

The problem is, people still buy these puppies - if people stopped buying them, they would stop but because chihuahuas are fashionable at the moment there is big money to be made.

It breaks my heart, i love chihuahuas, they are all dog - and as a consequence, many end up in rehoming centres because people don't understand why they become neurotic and snappy when they are dressed up and carried around in fucking bags.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 21-Jan-16 21:30:01

BurningBridges I can't remember where it was. Under news I think. I would go back on & get a screen shot but it'll wind me up again & i'm trying to settle the baby to sleep.

I'm guessing the real reason they aren't KC assured is because they're exceeding the litters per year limit & teacups can't bee registered because there is no such thing. I don't have a problem with breeders not being KC assured as such but alarm bell ring when they're not a member of a breed club either hmm. The whole just screams we're in it for the money.

I agree TheoriginalLEM it's so sad. There's a lovely little one that we follow on school runs, it has so much character & is a sparky little thing. It's owners let it be a dog though IYSWIM

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 21-Jan-16 21:52:28

Oh dear I just looked for her on pet4homes... £2250 for a puppy? That's ridiculous! Ignores the average cost of a Bernard puppy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now