Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got a daft dog?

(11 Posts)
BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 20-Jan-16 12:38:53

She has decided, during the coldest week of the winter, to start her spring moult. I've just given her a 'quick' groom & filled a carrier bag (before squashing). I always forget just how much hair comes out. Still at least she doesn't look patchy & frankly poorly now for a couple of days.

YoureMyWifeNowDave Wed 20-Jan-16 12:42:10

My girl seems to have been moulting for ages now, we can fill a carrier bag in about 5 minutes! and I won't even mention the state of my poor carpets

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 20-Jan-16 12:46:21

Nightmare isn't it Youre? I feel sorry for my hoover too.

DianaTrent Wed 20-Jan-16 12:51:02

I filled a black bin bag with my two fuzzballs during the first cold patch. My boy started losing the ring around the base if his tail first. The white undercoat poking through the brown fur made it look like he'd ripped his seam and his stuffing was falling out.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 20-Jan-16 14:20:16

Diana I just chuckled at that image. Mine honestly looks like she has mange or fleas or would to the untrained eye. It starts in a funny shaped patch about 3/4 of the way down her side, right where she would be able to get with her mouth if she had an itch, iyswim.

DogStuff Wed 20-Jan-16 17:35:46

So many people on here are really unkind about doodles (there are health checked ones around!) <dons hat>, but I'm feeling quite smug right now with my few wisps of hair on the floor! grin

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 20-Jan-16 18:17:24

DogStuff Git wink. I don't mind doodles, not the dog for me but nice enough smile

ArtyKitty Fri 22-Jan-16 22:37:30

Mine is doodley and it looks like my loft insulation is trying to creep inside when I haven't vacuumed... Don't get me started on the mud...

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 22-Jan-16 22:46:43

one of my GSDs is moulting horribly....great plucky tufts rising out of his coat ...he has that longish but stiff wiry type of coat with the undercoat in it

the other bugger is just shedding as usual, he is totally long haired and sheds constantly.

OttiliaVonBCup Fri 22-Jan-16 22:48:43

I have the only non moulting Golden retriever alive I think.
He never does.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 23-Jan-16 12:02:20

Arty teehee, I'm imagining tumble weed like balls of it!

Tondelaya Yes, she sheds constantly too it's just worse when she's moulting. My dyson is full everyday where normally it would take probably 3 or 4 days between emptying.

Ottilia That's lucky! My MILs Goldy used to rival her St for the amount of hair coming out when they were in moult!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now