Talk

Advanced search

good waterproof pad/bed thing for the boot?

(9 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Tue 19-Jan-16 15:37:13

Can anyone recommend something wipe-clean and waterproof and padded that DDog can lie on in the boot of the car? Car is an ancient estate 4x4.

TrionicLettuce Tue 19-Jan-16 15:42:52

Tuffies do a completely waterproof mattress bed if that's any good.

spiderlight Tue 19-Jan-16 15:45:08

Not wipe-clean but machine-washable and absolutely brilliant as a top layer for helping to dry your dog off: www.jacobsden.co.uk/the-wet-dog-mat.html

CaptainKit Tue 19-Jan-16 15:45:34

I can recommend sort of the opposite... Not quite wipe-clean or waterproof.

I've got a 10 year old 4x4 and two medium-sized dogs. Rather than getting them something fancy for the boot, I just bought a super cheap single duvet from amazon (about £5) and put an old M&S picnic blanket (the sort you would get free with x amount of spending in the summer time) on top. These can then be thrown in the washing maching when they get too mucky, and are comfy enough for the bony lurcher pup.

balalalala Tue 19-Jan-16 15:58:23

I have a thermatex dog mat. It's not waterproof but does go in the washing machine. It's great as it's designed to wick away water!

Scuttlebutter Tue 19-Jan-16 16:48:38

We've got a bottom layer of two or three duvets to provide softness and then on top we have a nice thick layer of Vetbed - this works very well as it's designed to wick away moisture and can be flung regularly into the washing machine with gay abandon. We are also thinking of getting a custom boot liner to protect the inside of the car. Quite often there are also additional dog beds as well blush - you may by now have guessed we have sighthounds who are pampered adoringly.

AnUtterIdiot Tue 19-Jan-16 17:52:31

We have a liner and I have been putting one of his many beds in the boot as I hate the thought of his greyhoundy elbows being sore. But it's got a fleecy coating so he treads mud all over it when he gets back in (I do try to clean him up after a walk but it's not very easy). Also, he has terrible aim when weeing and sometimes wees over his own legs - I do usually get all of it with wipes but I don't really want him lying on a fleecy bed before I've had a chance to wipe his legs properly at home.

I love the Tuffies but the Scrooge in me likes the idea of an old folded up duvet with a picnic blanket on top (another of his many beds being an old folded up duvet)

AnUtterIdiot Tue 19-Jan-16 17:53:15

PS have asked vet about the peeing issue and it's not medical, just 50% poor willy placement and 50% him not being sure whether to squat or cock, apparently a thing for neutered males

Cheerfulmarybrown Tue 19-Jan-16 18:41:32

are good just wipe down pr pressure wash I put vet bed on top in the winter just so they feel snuggly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now