Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dog scared of novelty hat?

(3 Posts)
biggerboat Fri 15-Jan-16 20:35:05

I have a three year old Dalmatian girl. She is the daftest, friendliest and most sweet natured thing on four legs. She very rarely barks and loves all humans and all dogs. She has her faults, food obsession, pulling on lead etc, but she is in no way aggressive.

I was walking her this evening and we walked past a drive way where a woman and a young child got out of a car. The next thing I know, my dog has darted into the road and yanked me with her (away from said woman and child), barking like crazy. She carried on barking at the woman and child, until the poor couple had scurried off. She has never done this before.

The only possible reason, that I can see, that would have caused this kind of reaction, is that the child was wearing a knitted, novelty animal hat - think bear face with big ears???

Anyone else experience anything like this? Is my dog to be watched around people in animal costumes/hats??

Most odd

ididntsignupforthis1 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:37:41

My dog was scared of a concrete lion gatepost ornament on a road by our house!
She got used to it with time
Maybe get one yourself at home to familiarise the dog?

biggerboat Fri 15-Jan-16 20:38:53

Ha ha ha. Must I? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now