Talk

Advanced search

Said goodbye to my dear friend today

(11 Posts)
ClaraSilver Wed 13-Jan-16 21:49:02

Had to have our dear dog PTS today - he had tumours in his bottom, liver and spleen. Despite this he was actually pretty well, he was 15 and still happily eating and going for walks. It was just the last couple of days he went downhill and we had to let him go.

He was such a lovely dog - he saw me through depression after losing my mum, walked by my side by the canal through the years of struggling with infertility and then then became such a friend to my DD when I was lucky enough to become a mum. He slept on my feet when I had pneumonia and stole an enormous amount of food (collie/lurcher) but always did it with such panache that we didn't really mind. (He stole a cheese roll once and actually picked out the cucumber, he hated cucumber).

He was a brilliant dog and I'm so, so sad that he's gone. I want to call his name and have him come running in. I'm dreading his empty bed and I want him back.

cankles Wed 13-Jan-16 22:21:06

very sorry that you lost such a loved companion. he sound like a sweetheart. sending a hug x

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 13-Jan-16 22:28:16

Aww, I'm so sorry, he sounds lovely. What was his name? flowers

banff82 Wed 13-Jan-16 23:40:01

So sorry to hear about your boy, he sounds wonderful. Thinking of you flowers

honeyroar Wed 13-Jan-16 23:57:55

Really sorry for you. But he sounds like he had a fabulous home and a long, loved life. Hugs to you.x

DramaAlpaca Thu 14-Jan-16 00:03:03

So sorry for your loss. He sounds such a lovely dog, a real character & a caring friend. It's so hard to let them go, but you did absolutely the right and most loving thing for him flowers and a <hug> for you.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 14-Jan-16 00:29:07

thanks so sorry. Worst feeling ever. Sounds like a wonderful dog and he was so lucky to be loved by you.

DogStuff Thu 14-Jan-16 14:49:52

So sorry

LimeJellyHead Thu 14-Jan-16 17:41:57

Big big hugs to you. I lost my funny little Berkeley last week and have felt much better for talking about him on here. So if you want to tell us more, show us a pic etc.... smile

ClaraSilver Thu 14-Jan-16 17:57:13

Thank you everyone.

LimeJellyHead - sorry to hear about Berkeley too - it's such an awful loss isn't it, hope you are doing ok flowers

I have two other dogs so I did the first walk today with just the two of them - that felt really strange. Bumped into a couple of dog walking friends and let them know. Accidentally called his name when calling one of the others.

Thanks again

AnUtterIdiot Sun 17-Jan-16 17:16:32

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now