Bloody mud - dog onesies anyone

(14 Posts)
LucylucyD43 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:19:40

I have a very small Heinz. Think she's a chi-Pom-shit tsu. She is very cute but has a coat like cotton wool and despite her small frame likes to walk about 2 hours a day and likes to wallow in mud like a hippo. Her coat seems to suck it up and clog it unlike my old wire haired dog. So every walk has to end with a bath, which is a pain if I'm in a rush.

Has anyone tried or can recommend a dog coat that covers legs and belly as this is the worst bit? With toilet holes!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 10-Jan-16 19:20:52

You can definitely get them, a dog in my park wears one and looms ridiculous

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 10-Jan-16 19:22:00

Something like these

www.dogsandco.com/doggyonesies.html

Floralnomad Sun 10-Jan-16 19:44:15

Pet Planet do them , I think they're Cosipet ones , they are a very reasonable price and they do them with short legs as well ( for short legged dogs )

TrionicLettuce Sun 10-Jan-16 19:48:26

These might be good, especially if she's not likely to fit standard sizes as they're made to measure.

There's also the Equafleece dog suits which are great. My whippets all have the jumpers and they do great job of keeping them warm and dry in muddy weather. They don't really do wallowing but the amount of mud they kick up onto themselves whilst running is ridiculous hmm With the jumpers only their back legs need a rinse off post walk.

LucylucyD43 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:57:04

I have just purchased here's hoping it works. Thanks for link! No doubt she will hate it but it's destroying my house. She is with dog walker 3 days a week and I can't really expect her to bathe her with a car full of dogs so by time I get home she has ran round spreading dirt wherever she goes. She also finds fox shit every time I take her out and paints herself head to foot before I get to her envy.

Loveleopardprint Sun 10-Jan-16 20:04:12

Hi Doggy bags are great for drying/cleaning them off. We use ours all of the time and it was one of the best things we bought. They are on Amazon I think.

LucylucyD43 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:06:13

Looking at them now. My dog hates summer she can't bare it once it goes over about 18-20 so she loves this weather. My house however is becoming a disgusting pit I'm so sick of hoovering!

Floralnomad Sun 10-Jan-16 21:15:57

If you go for a drying bag the best one ( I've tried a couple) is the Original Doggy bag from the Microfibre company , they are more expensive but are worth the money . That's not going to be an answer for your dog walker though as she / he won't be able to leave her in the bag in your house .

LucylucyD43 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:17:52

How long do they have to stay in it? Maybe if she went in it in car (15 mins) she'd be a bit less wet!

Floralnomad Sun 10-Jan-16 21:39:43

If she was in it for 15 mins and the walker gave her a good rub with the bag whilst she's in it it would definitely help a lot . I normally leave mine in for about 45 mins ,but that's because he sleeps in it and I normally get on with something else and forget about him .

banff82 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:13:50

I've heard these recommended a lot by owners of long-coated breeds/mud monsters:

www.hurtta.com/en/Products/Rainwear/Slush%20combat%20suit/

CockwombleJeff Sun 10-Jan-16 22:15:34

Banff yes I like that make - they are very good.

And OP I feel your frustration. Round here is like a mud bath - I'm having to shower her every time after a run/walk.

LucylucyD43 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:34:02

Thanks Banff I put her measurements in but for some reason it didn't give a price or let me buy one. Might be my phone but looks perfect. I do feel for people with bigger fluffy dogs at least mine fits in the sink. It's so annoying and her hair grows super quick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now