Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Had our lovely dog pts today :(

(13 Posts)
TyrionLannistersShadow Wed 06-Jan-16 19:52:53

No point to this post really except to say we had to get our gorgeous 13.5 yr old lab put to sleep today and we really miss her. She had a massive stroke last night and lost the power in her back legs and the vet said nothing could be done. We had been told this time last year that she could go anytime and we would be lucky to get the summer with her whereas we got a whole year which was great but..........It's still hard to let go. She was such a loving, gentle and placid dog, she adored my 17 yr old ds1 and he felt the same, my heart broke to see him cry today but he bravely went with dh to the vet and made sure he was the last person she saw before she closed her eyes.

needastrongone Wed 06-Jan-16 20:16:57

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds lovely, and I am sure she had a wonderful life. I have a 3 yo springer and a 2 yo cocker, and teen DC. Can't imagine that time coming.

flowers

lavendersun Wed 06-Jan-16 20:22:57

Very sorry Tyrion, what a brave lad your son is flowers.

WickedWax Wed 06-Jan-16 20:24:51

Ah I'm so sorry. flowers

LaurieFairyCake Wed 06-Jan-16 20:28:36

thanks
So awfully sorry. Just the hardest thing to do even though it's the right one.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 06-Jan-16 21:25:03

I'm so sorry. We went through this just over a year ago with our old boy. It's hideous isn't it? You did the best you could for her. That last act of love. Give your ds a hug from us. flowers

MitchellMummy Wed 06-Jan-16 22:34:12

Very sorry ... know how you feel ... awful every time. Try and write down all your happy memories, her little habits etc. which will make you smile in future years when you read it back. RIP, you were a much loved dog.

TyrionLannistersShadow Wed 06-Jan-16 22:34:12

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate them

DramaAlpaca Wed 06-Jan-16 22:36:10

So sorry for your loss flowers. We've had to do this twice in the last year and a half and it's so hard. Well done your DS for being there for her.

JoffreyBaratheon Thu 07-Jan-16 12:38:57

Love to you from here, too. It's the hardest thing we do, and we always know we might have to do it but that makes it no easier. Brave son. We had our 14 year old mini bull PTS in 2014 - my two youngest kids couldn't remember not having her; the older three all loved her desperately, too. I found in the weeks that followed, dealing with the kids' grief - and the fact they all grieved differently - was as hard as dealing with my own.

KinkyAfro Thu 07-Jan-16 13:52:01

flowers and hugs

TyrionLannistersShadow Thu 07-Jan-16 14:00:01

It was so hard coming down this morning and seeing the empty space in the kitchen where her bed was. My poor dd sobbed for hours last night and I honestly felt like doing the same.

Wolfiefan Thu 07-Jan-16 14:02:22

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are grieving. You are allowed to. flowers
Your DS sounds lovely and brave BTW.
Take care and cuddle your lovely kids. Lots. One day you will think of your lovely dog and smile instead of weeping.
flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now