Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's dog sleep a lot in the winter

(4 Posts)
ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Sun 03-Jan-16 14:28:24

I'm worried about my two your old cavvy coz he sleeps all the time recently. he hates going out in the rain. but its really hard to take him out when its not raining. Will he get bored in the house? There is always someone here with him

lulubash18 Sun 03-Jan-16 15:54:58

My cavalier x is exactly the same and I keep thinking she's bored/ill/lazy etc. Rarely left alone but point blank refuses to walk in wind/rain etc. She wakes, wee's, eats and back to snoozing. I play with her more in the house now which she loves, chase, hiding treats, throwing small toys etc. Today I had to bribe her protesting into slight drizzle but once wet she got over it and ran and played for over an hour.

Hetty3838 Sun 03-Jan-16 17:24:27

Mine will always go for a walk but sleeps the rest of the time literally about 20 hours a day we walk for 2 she's awake but chilling for 2.

Collared Sun 03-Jan-16 17:40:20

I've noticed our girl is sleeping a lot more and she's just coming up to two years. One of her favourite pastimes is sitting on the bench in our garden and then barking at anyone who dares pass by the gate (I do bring her in when she does this btw) but she's not interested at the moment. She's still enjoying her walks but seems content to sleep the rest of the day away. Roll on Spring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now