Talk

Advanced search

Best tried and tested chew deterrent please!

(4 Posts)
SlightlyJaded Sat 02-Jan-16 19:18:06

Our spaniel is a bit of a chewer. We thought she'd grow out of it, and at nine months she has got much better but she still loves a bit of a gnaw.

She has absolutely demolished the corners of our coffee table and it looks horrendous but we have been waiting until she was better to get a new one. I can't wait any more as it looks so awful - every corner is a shredded mess, and she has - through repeated 'no's' and offering of alternative things to chew - pretty much stopped.

Almost. But not quite.

I really want to get a new table but I also want to make sure it doesn't get eaten so can you all tell me your best, tried and tested, chew deterrents? We tried something from Pets at Home called Chew Stoppa but she wasn't remotely put off by it.

Thanks so much

WeAllHaveWings Sun 03-Jan-16 00:37:28

We had a bitter Apple spray which worked but you had to reapply regularily and he'd always find something new to chew....sofa, carpets, skirting boards.

Grew out of it around 18 months (Labrador).

SlightlyJaded Sun 03-Jan-16 14:45:00

Thanks. Have seen that advertised.

Anyone else?

tinkywinkyshandbag Sun 03-Jan-16 20:20:20

Second the bitter apple. That and teaching "leave it" with rewards, and lots of other toys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now