help- smelly situation!

(5 Posts)
midlifehope Wed 30-Dec-15 20:25:02

I have 3 dogs - all elderly crosses. The one female whose about 13 has had various issues over the last years which she's overcome including skin cancer, pyometra and digestive issues. Just lately she has developed a really odd skin condition, white raised pustules on her back. When they pop they give off a green / yellow discharge and it really stinks. I have bathed her with tea tree dog shampoo, washed and changed all her blankets and moped the utility room where she lives / sleeps with special scented kennel disinfectant. However, there is still a really strong smell coming from the utility room, which visitors have commented on.

Questions:

1) what on earth is this and how can I treat it?
2) how can I get rid of the awful smell from my utility room?

Noitsnotteatimeyet Thu 31-Dec-15 21:04:27

You need to take her to the vet asap - that sounds awful - poor dog

BahHumbugs Thu 31-Dec-15 21:11:58

It could be a yeast infectiin, oatmeal shampoo is gentle & soothing to the skin, the vet will be able to confirm, & clear it up,
Hope doggy feels better soon fsmile

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 01-Jan-16 08:00:28

They pop producing yellow/green discharge - this is pyoderma and needs antibiotics ( sometimes very long courses) to treat it, but it maybe secondary to another underlying condition.

midlifehope Fri 01-Jan-16 21:11:49

Could it be cancer related sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now