Talk

Advanced search

talk to my about agility classes and recommemd some in east surrey

(10 Posts)
Ballgoof Mon 28-Dec-15 19:20:13

Pretty pretty please.

I have an 8 month cocker and would dearly love to train with her in agility or gun dog classes.

Which woukd be best and why?
Also can you recomend any near reigate/redhill/caterham areas please

Springermum1350 Tue 29-Dec-15 21:24:08

I have an 11 month old springer. I was told that dogs can't start agility till they are a year because of their bones. He is 1 in Jan and I already have my space booked. Can't wait.

PseudoBadger Wed 30-Dec-15 17:45:24

Search for clubs on agilitynet.co.uk

Arkkorox Wed 30-Dec-15 17:48:18

Have a look at millbrook agility dogs. Might be a bit far out but the best club I have ever trained with!

Cheerfulmarybrown Wed 30-Dec-15 17:58:59

You are lucky in your area there are loads smile

You can start earlier than a year but not on any equipment - there is a lot of foundation work you can do with puppies before they are old enough to jump.

I think Sian Illingworth is in your area one of the best trainers there is but I can't find contact details for her - Ill get back to you

but you could try

Sunniday crowhurst

Pacesham - Leatherhead

South Eastern Agility Horley

Marc Saunders Horsham

If these are no good let me know there are more!

Akkorox I started at Millbrook many years ago with Katherine Tasker, we may have been in the same class smile

Arkkorox Wed 30-Dec-15 18:01:08

Pacesham is nice I have done a few comps there.

Kathrin is Fab. Just sad they are no longer training at Merrist Wood!

Cheerfulmarybrown Wed 30-Dec-15 18:07:24

I agree Akkorox I used to love their winter club shows at Merrist - with the pigs as spectators smile

PseudoBadger Wed 30-Dec-15 18:17:57

So nice to see agility people in here! There was a thread running a couple of years ago but it went stale.
I've no competing dogs at the moment but still instruct.

Arkkorox Wed 30-Dec-15 18:38:34

Im starting back in jan after a year off having dd. Im so excited!

Ballgoof Thu 31-Dec-15 13:21:31

Thanks everydoggy (see what i did there) i will look into tyese suggestions and report back once ive started

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now