Rescues in North that rehome with young children

(10 Posts)
Doraemon Mon 28-Dec-15 18:52:16

Hello, can anyone point me towards rescues in the North (we are West Yorks.) that rehome to families with a 3 year old? And preferably that have dogs in foster as we want to be sure that the dog is cat safe also. We were looking at lurchers and ELGR suggested Greyhound Gap but the nice lady there said they no longer re-home with children under 6.

CMOTDibbler Mon 28-Dec-15 18:59:25

I have a lurcher owning friend in W Yorks who rehomed via Lurcher Link.
Both of mine came from EGLR, and I'm sure they told you that they can home check countrywide.

Are you looking at an adult or a puppy?

TrionicLettuce Mon 28-Dec-15 19:22:07

Have a look at Aireworth Dogs in Need, I'm pretty sure they'll consider families with young children.

Doraemon Mon 28-Dec-15 20:25:54

Thank you both. EGLR did say I could get back to them if needed. I'll have a look at Aireworth as well, sounds like it might be very local to us :-)

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 29-Dec-15 06:50:18

Black retriever X are a national rescue, they use foster carers and rehome to families. They do have a website but mostly operate on Facebook now.

ChairRider4 Tue 29-Dec-15 08:11:22

Yappy ever after
As they use foster homes often all over uk t hey will know who is yappyeverafter.org.uk

ChairRider4 Tue 29-Dec-15 08:13:51

Sorry should add they have FB to they rehome dogs from uk also from abroad but they foster first also provide back up and lifetime support

BagelSuffragette Wed 30-Dec-15 16:40:16

Silver Fox Dog Rescue
Balkan Underdogs
Action Aid for Animals
Amicii Dog Rescue

All have FB groups and operate all over U.K.

Doraemon Wed 30-Dec-15 20:06:03

Thank you everyone :-) lots of fb pages to trawl through now!

Gingersstuff Fri 01-Jan-16 23:57:37

I'd like to second Yappy Ever After. We've not long adopted a Romanian retriever cross from them and the whole process was as easy as adopting a UK dog, with the added bonus of saving a dog from a real, proper hellhole as they treat dogs like vermin over there sad
We had a proper vetting, home check, visit with the foster etc and he has settled in beautifully with our other 3 retrievers. You get lifetime back up if needed. Honestly, best thing we've ever done, hands down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now