Non splash dog bowls

(8 Posts)
mrsnewfie Sat 26-Dec-15 00:25:44

My lab makes the most mess possible when drinking. Think tsunami over the kitchen floor!
Does anyone have a recommendation for a bowl that prevents ridiculous amounts of splashing from a very messy drinker?
Thanks!

knobblyknee Sat 26-Dec-15 02:31:23

I did well with a large, deep plastic washing up bowl that wasnt full, but it was a smaller dog. You might have to refill it twice a day. Plus it doesnt stop them dribbling when they walk away.

PurpleFrog Sat 26-Dec-15 07:40:22

We have a road refresher bowl. We bought it for our lab as a travel bowl then ended up buying another for the kitchen. With normal bowls either his lapping causes tidal waves, or he splashes his front paws in it. Sigh!

mrsnewfie Sat 26-Dec-15 11:41:02

Thanks! I saw the road refresher bowl but discounted it as a travel bowl to prevent spillages in the car. Good to know it prevents the tidal waves to an extent!!

I like the idea of a large washing up bowl filled with less water too! A cheaper option!

My big lab is much less messy. It's our little black lab that has no table (floor!) manners!!

LimeJellyHead Sun 27-Dec-15 11:45:11

What about the Eat Better Drink Bowl. It says it slows down drinking and also prevents splashes.

LimeJellyHead Sun 27-Dec-15 11:45:45

lol, not the Eat Better... the Drink Better. Sorry about that.

SweetLathyrus Sun 27-Dec-15 14:57:17

How about 'Spaniel' bowls, they're conical and deep so that ears fall either side instead of in the water, but there would be less dripping from short eared dogs too.

mrsnewfie Sun 27-Dec-15 20:53:06

More suggestions - thanks! Will take a look a the drink better bowl. I haven't come across that one. I wondered about a spaniel bowl too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now