Talk

Advanced search

8-9 month old dog regression?

(11 Posts)
miserablemoo Wed 23-Dec-15 22:40:57

Hi

Is this normal at this age? I have been reading about the teenager phase but didn't think it would be so hard work.
He is pressing every button and doing whatever he pleases!

Please tell me when it gets better!

Thank you fsmile

Costacoffeeplease Wed 23-Dec-15 22:52:54

Yes absolutely normal - should ease off around 12 months and he'll be likeable again about 18 months! grin

Our youngest pup has just turned 2 and starting to be a bit more like a proper dog

MrsJayy Wed 23-Dec-15 22:55:46

Tennager stroppy not listening doing what they like really. Be back to normal aftwr a year old

miserablemoo Thu 24-Dec-15 09:02:52

Oh no so got a while left yet until he calms down a bit. I thought it would only last a month or so. He's back to biting and mouthing again. Is this also normal?

Thanks for replying!

MrsJayy Thu 24-Dec-15 09:07:23

We got ours at 7 months so adopted a preteen he was biting and mouthing just be firm and patient it will pass keep posting on here it was my lifesaver the doghouse lot are fab.

chelle792 Thu 24-Dec-15 09:17:20

My boy was a bloody teenager until he was about 2!! He's so lovely now he's three. He was disobedient, cheeky, naughty and playful grin he's so chilled these days star

miserablemoo Thu 24-Dec-15 13:28:55

Oh crikey 2! He calmed down around 4 months but since about 7 months it's endless to be honest. He is like a hooligan and has no manners. Keep telling myself this will pass (like when he was a puppy) but he really is constantly misbehaving.

Thanks everyone. Need to ride it out and try and find some more patience but I'm really running out of it fconfused

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 24-Dec-15 19:59:10

I don't know whether it just hasn't hit us yet or not but my lab Monty is ten months old and is still lovely. grin

MrsJayy Thu 24-Dec-15 20:08:27

It might be just around corner mrs smuggy smug grin

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 24-Dec-15 22:15:36

grin

I know, I've probably talked it up.

MrsJayy Fri 25-Dec-15 01:07:26

Tbf Labs are quite daft and soppy my aunt and uncle have guide dog pups and none of them went through a stroppy stage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now