Talk

Advanced search

Petlog help please!

(7 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Tue 22-Dec-15 15:08:38

I got a dog 3 weeks ago from a rescue. She is chipped, I have her chip number but I can't work out how to register her to me fconfused she isn't registered to anyone at the moment as the rescue chipped her there and then when we picked her up.

I can't work the website out. I went on (what I thought) was a page where you register the dog to you and you have to enter the microchip number and a petlog ID, but I don't have a petlog ID because she's not yet registered fconfused

I've never had to use this website before because dog1 is registered to the rescue that he came from so I've never needed to go on petlog for anything.

Floralnomad Tue 22-Dec-15 15:17:56

I thought the person putting in the chip had to send off the paperwork , have you spoken to the rescue ?

TheCunnyFunt Tue 22-Dec-15 15:22:48

Oh do they? I didn't know that. No I haven't spoken to them yet. When we took her it was only on a two week trial and we have since decided to keep her so I thought I'd better get her registered.

CMOTDibbler Tue 22-Dec-15 15:23:32

When we got ddog2 he was chipped by the rescue, but they sent the paperwork off with our name and address. Do you have the form with the chip barcode?

Readysteadyknit Tue 22-Dec-15 15:27:45

I had to send off the paperwork for one of my rescue dogs. They provided the dog's chip number and a standard letter saying that all attempts had been made to contact previous owner/dog had been handed to rescue.

TheCunnyFunt Tue 22-Dec-15 15:30:46

No we haven't got a form, we haven't got anything apart from a dog! I didn't even have the chip number until today when we were at the vets, I asked them to scan her so I could get the number. We're not adopting her officially until after christmas though, they said that as it was so close to christmas we can sort it out in the new year when money is more comfortable.

TheCunnyFunt Tue 22-Dec-15 16:49:58

I'm glad DH listens anyway fblush I mentioned to him what I was doing and he said 'But the rescue said they were going to sort all that out!'

fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now