Advanced search

Soft Dog cone collars

(7 Posts)
taptonaria27 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:36:19

Just booked ddog in for castration in January,
He can be "feisty" so I was a bit alarmed when they said he'll need to eat the come for up to 2 weeks and he'll hate it and hate us for making him wear it.
They sell an inflatable one, a Kong cloud - does anyone have any experience of these or other soft ones, I need him to be able to go in his crate and not to be too cross as he can be snappy.

taptonaria27 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:38:18

Omg - wear the cone not eat the come stupid autocorrect!!! & fat fingers

tabulahrasa Tue 15-Dec-15 14:01:17

I've got an an inflatable depends how bad he is for trying to get to the wound tbh, if he's a hardened nibbler of irritating bits, it'll not work, unless the wound is on the top half of the body they can get round the inflatable one.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 15-Dec-15 16:25:10

With internal sutures IME they rarely like if they do and are likely to be unhappy with a cone I suggest a pair of pants works very well.

CMOTDibbler Tue 15-Dec-15 16:33:05

I was teaching at a vet centre of excellence last week (am not a vet btw) and the dogs going to CT had these on to stop them fiddling with their IV access lines. Looked really good.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Tue 15-Dec-15 20:28:53

We tried an inflatable one - it lasted for ooh about 5 seconds before he'd chewed a hole in it - he was very pleased with himself hmm

LimeJellyHead Wed 16-Dec-15 19:34:30

Check out Medical Pet Shirt. Perfect for after neutering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now