Talk

Advanced search

Soft Dog cone collars

(7 Posts)
taptonaria27 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:36:19

Just booked ddog in for castration in January,
He can be "feisty" so I was a bit alarmed when they said he'll need to eat the come for up to 2 weeks and he'll hate it and hate us for making him wear it.
They sell an inflatable one, a Kong cloud - does anyone have any experience of these or other soft ones, I need him to be able to go in his crate and not to be too cross as he can be snappy.

taptonaria27 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:38:18

Omg - wear the cone not eat the come stupid autocorrect!!! & fat fingers

tabulahrasa Tue 15-Dec-15 14:01:17

I've got an an inflatable one...it depends how bad he is for trying to get to the wound tbh, if he's a hardened nibbler of irritating bits, it'll not work, unless the wound is on the top half of the body they can get round the inflatable one.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 15-Dec-15 16:25:10

With internal sutures IME they rarely like if they do and are likely to be unhappy with a cone I suggest a pair of pants works very well.

CMOTDibbler Tue 15-Dec-15 16:33:05

I was teaching at a vet centre of excellence last week (am not a vet btw) and the dogs going to CT had these on to stop them fiddling with their IV access lines. Looked really good.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Tue 15-Dec-15 20:28:53

We tried an inflatable one - it lasted for ooh about 5 seconds before he'd chewed a hole in it - he was very pleased with himself hmm

LimeJellyHead Wed 16-Dec-15 19:34:30

Check out Medical Pet Shirt. Perfect for after neutering www.dfordog.co.uk/medical-pet-shirts.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now