Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why do other male dogs fancy DDog???

(4 Posts)
Lara2 Sat 12-Dec-15 21:09:30

DDog is about 11 years old (unsure of exact age - re homed) and neutered. In the last year other male dogs have found him very attractive - really sniffing at his bits (what remains anyway!) and sometimes trying to hump him. It wasn't always like this - other dogs used to do the normal sniff and be done with it routine.
So does anyone know why???

Lucylou333 Sat 12-Dec-15 22:36:20

My dog was getting rather a lot of attention. Turned out she had a urine infection get checked just in case.

honeyroar Sun 13-Dec-15 00:02:45

I believe it's because they're neutered. They don't give out the testosterone that an entire male would give out, so the other male isn't sure whether they're female or not, and have a go anyway!

Noitsnotteatimeyet Sun 13-Dec-15 07:19:32

Sometimes it's because their anal glands need emptying- makes them smell different

My dog normally never rolls in stuff but the other day did a short roll in something obviously smelly - for the next couples of days other dogs found him supremely attractive and virtually every dog we met jumped on him - he was hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now