Talk

Advanced search

Uncomfortable dog after walk?!

(7 Posts)
Lucylou333 Sat 12-Dec-15 19:18:16

Took Ddog for a new walk earlier. It was a footpath she ran in a stream near a crop field. Since getting in she is very uncomfortable and can't settle. She keeps chewing at her feet and can't settle , keeps jumping up shaking her paws. I have checked them , no tears, thorns or anything. I have showered her and bathed her paws in cold water but still chewing and twitching away. I think there must have been some kind of chemical in the stream any advice? I'll take her to the vets if no better tomorrow!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 12-Dec-15 19:40:31

She didn't run through stinging nettles by any chance? My old dog used to do this. He would be frantic, scraping his feet around and biting at them. It would subside after a while. Not very nice though.

Varya Sat 12-Dec-15 19:43:46

Hope your dog is more comfortable soon.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Sun 13-Dec-15 07:15:15

My dog does this after being in contact with nettles- it takes a few hours to go away.

The vet said we could give him half a piriton tablet

If it carries on you should check with your vet - hope she's feeling better now

Lucymatilde Sun 13-Dec-15 07:22:04

Nettles sounds right. Mine is the same after running across stubble fields. Doubt it would be poison.

LilCamper Sun 13-Dec-15 14:08:05

Mine gets like this after he has been in cold water. I think his feet must tingle as they warm up.

Lucylou333 Mon 14-Dec-15 07:58:54

She's fine now phew. Thanks for your replies a friend said it could have been from road being salted but who knows !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now