Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Natures Diet

(5 Posts)
LucyLocketLostHerPocket Wed 09-Dec-15 20:35:20

Just wondering if anyone has tried this for a large fit dog. I've been told it's good but read variable reviews, I think it's supposed to be a bit like a raw complete diet but comes prepared in trays and is not too expensive.
I'd like to try it, DDog has to have grain free and is currently on Acana Wild Prairie with 250g of beef mince a day but I could do with reducing the costs a bit without compromising quality.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 09-Dec-15 20:56:55

I think it's of average quality and not particularly cheap as Ddog would need more of this than of a better quality wet/raw food.

Have you used the calculator on this site to compare what the different foods would cost to feed your dog? The website also carries some really good information on the different brands.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Wed 09-Dec-15 21:07:00

Oh dear I was hoping I'd found a premium food at a reasonable price. I'll have a look on that link hellhas thank you.

sparechange Wed 09-Dec-15 21:14:52

I fed it to a rescue dog I was fostering and found it horrible stuff! Not cheap, and it smelt unpleasant - not dissimilar to tinned food.

Have you looked at the blocks of frozen Natures Menu mince? I feed my working dog, and she is in great shape. It works out at under £1 per day for the meat for my 22kg lab

TrionicLettuce Wed 09-Dec-15 21:54:04

Wainwright's grain free trays are pretty good, I'm not sure how the price compares to ND though.

Rocco Classic tins are grain free, in fact they're literally just meat and organs. They come in a huge variety of flavours (including the wonderfully disgusting beef with whole poultry hearts) and is really cheap compared to similar foods.

Zooplus (who sell the Rocco tins) also do some other brands which are similarly decent quality but pretty cheap; Bozita, Lukullus (not all their flavours are grain free), Animonda GranCarno & Rinti are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now