Talk

Advanced search

Dog walking with plantar fasciitis

(15 Posts)
FairyBiker Sat 05-Dec-15 11:56:50

What do you wear on your feet?

It's only my second winter with a dog, last year I bought some dunlop wellies which were comfortable at the time, but my right foot wrecked.
Spent the summer walking in trainers with insoles in, but they aren't waterproof and all of my walking with either long grass or woods.

Am just about to send some Dublin river boots back as they are too loose around the ankle to my feet slide forward in them

Any suggestions welcome smile

GinThief Sat 05-Dec-15 12:02:35

I don't have a dog but do have plantar fascitis. For long wintery walks I swear by my croc boots - there are long & short fully waterproof boots (not original crocs) and very cushioned.

FairyBiker Sat 05-Dec-15 12:32:21

I've tried the croc boots but in in between sizes so they had to go back too.

Useless feet

Dontyouopenthattrapdoor Sat 05-Dec-15 12:36:50

I wear UGG style boots with a memory foam PF insole in. Not as waterproof or grippy but the insoles stay put better inside than in wellies.

Floralnomad Sat 05-Dec-15 14:11:17

I get plantar fasciitis and I wear either Aigle wellies or Dublin country boots and when it's bad take lots of ibuprofen !

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 05-Dec-15 14:20:46

If you found trainers with insoles comfortable, could you get some waterproof trail shoes or walking boots?

SugarPlumTree Sat 05-Dec-15 14:22:47

Muck boots (Derwent?) were good for mine. They broke recently after quite a few years wear and and in Dunlops. After two days they hurt my heel but aren't too bad with insoles in.

amitho Sat 05-Dec-15 14:23:12

I have horses, dogs and very bad plantar fasciitis. I tape my foot with kt tape (youtube it). Wear wellies half a size too big with insoles.

OddBoots Sat 05-Dec-15 14:28:49

I have some tresspass snow boots that have a velcro strap to tighten around the front of my ankle, I can wear supportive insoles in them and not slip about in them.

LimeJellyHead Sat 05-Dec-15 15:44:42

I like the Pro II insoles. I put them in my shoes, slippers and wellies.

I got mine on Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/Orthotic-supports-metatarsal-fasciitis-treatment/dp/B00Z099HY6

Frith2013 Sat 05-Dec-15 18:27:07

I continue wearing trainers with insoles because it is too painful to walk after trying without them. :-/ I've considered using tubigrip to attach the insoles to my feet, then putting wellies on. Must give it a try!

ggirl Sat 05-Dec-15 18:50:55

I wear berghaus waterproof hiking boots can't go in any big puddles tho

ggirl Sat 05-Dec-15 18:52:30

worth forsaking the deep puddles for absolute comfort no matter how far i walk

Scuttlebutter Sun 06-Dec-15 00:21:25

I have persistent long standing PF and it's a sod. However, it's improved hugely sincely switching completely to Fitflop shoes, sandals and boots. For dog walking I now have a nice pair of ankle high sneakers which are bliss and I have a pair of flat suede lace ups that I use for things like dog training classes etc. In the summer I wear their deck shoes and sandals. It really has made a massive difference. The ankle boots are not fully waterproof but I don't mind changing my socks when I get home - the comfort issue far outweighs everything else. I'm currently keeping a beady eye on their website as I fancy some of their boots but want to see if any are reduced in their occasional sales.

LimeJellyHead Sun 06-Dec-15 10:44:07

Wow, those sound amazing. I am about to have a big spend up, I think, lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now