Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ddog can be really antisocial - is he alone in this?

(4 Posts)
Madblondedog Fri 04-Dec-15 09:42:01

Ddog loves everyone, loves attention, snuggles, everything. He can also be very antisocial, when I work from home he'd rather stay in the kitchen all day unless I tempt him out with treats and then if I get up to the loo he goes back in there and we start again.

A few days a week he is left whilst I'm at work (I go home for an hour at lunch). Those days he's happy when I get back and comes to say hi and get some attention but when I'm there he seems to like his own space.

Not sure whether to take it personally sad

babyblackbird Fri 04-Dec-15 12:09:46

Our dog is a bit like this and he's only 18 months so gawd knows what he'll be like when he's older.

I'm a Sahm and am home 90% of the day and all that time he just lies in his bed except when he goes out for a walk. His bed is in the kitchen where I spend most of my day but I think if I was working in another room he would still be in bed, in the kitchen.

We do get a lovely welcome when we go out and every morning, so I think he quite likes us. He's always been very independent even as quite a small pup so I try not to take it too personally !!!

Madblondedog Fri 04-Dec-15 12:20:47

Yeah, ours is 3 but stupidly laid back

It does make me feel more relaxed leaving him when I go out though

ThatsNotMyRabbit Fri 04-Dec-15 12:34:14

Mine is the same. She spends quite a lot of time wherever I am in the house but will often take herself off to her room/crate to chill.

Being able to cope without having someone RIGHT THERE is a good sign. I'd far rather that than a dog who has to be right where you are. That often goes hand in hand with at least some degree of separation anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now