Talk

Advanced search

What simple tricks can I teach her?

(3 Posts)
bimandbam Tue 01-Dec-15 06:43:34

I have a 5 year old whippet bitch I want to do some training with. We had an issue at the weekend with her behaviour (she snapped at my nephew) and I think she will benefit from (amongst other things) a bit of training.

Just fun things I can do for a few minutes here and there. She already sits, lies down, speaks and gives a paw. Am going to work on stay while on walks and am teaching 'trust' at home.

Is there anything else simple I can teach at home? She is very bright and very food oriented so quite easy to teach.

pandaskitchen Tue 01-Dec-15 12:34:51

Big Whippet love here!

We do 'touch' with our Whippy girl, to teach we said 'touch' then put our hand on top of her head/lightly press and give her a treat, repeat that 3/4 times and eventually now when we say it she will come over and touch/nose our hands.

We have done the The Good Citizen Dog Scheme classes which was great fun and she seemed to really enjoy.

bimandbam Wed 02-Dec-15 18:25:33

Thanks Panda. I will try that. Am just on with teaching trust. Am tempted to try and teach her to count too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now