Talk

Advanced search

would anyone be interested in a holiday dog swap in Dartford/Bexley area?

(7 Posts)
poochswaps Thu 26-Nov-15 11:03:30

I'm going away for half term in February and I was wondering if there was anyone local who would be interested in looking after my two little terriers, in exchange for me repaying the favour when you go on holiday?

Sneeziemcweezie Fri 27-Nov-15 17:45:36

Have you googled trusted housesitters or house sit match or similar? I met someone at a party recently who is retired and house sits all over the UK and abroad too. They have some really experienced people and I thought it sounded a brilliant solution if going away and you can't take your dogs.

RandomMess Fri 27-Nov-15 17:49:20

Try joining BorrowMyDoggy.com (I think it is) they at least have some sort of vetting procedure etc. I used to be on there to borrow dogs but now I have my own grin

unicornspooprainbows Sat 28-Nov-15 11:04:20

random do the borrowers charge a fee on that site? I've looked into this before and was reluctant to pay £44 to join if the borrower was going to charge a fee anyway.

RandomMess Sat 28-Nov-15 17:18:38

Oh no I think it is £5 to join as a borrower but you do it so you get the benefit of borrowing a dog - it's all voluntary.

The idea is you walk the same dog regularly so you develop a bond so it attracts people who would love to have their own dog but can't for whatever reason - financial, no-one home all day, too big a commitment. It's about a 2 way relationship you trust them with your dog and they get to borrow them smile

unicornspooprainbows Sat 28-Nov-15 17:21:14

Sounds perfect! I'm in! Thanks Random smile

RandomMess Sat 28-Nov-15 17:23:30

It does mean that you may have to let them borrow your dog at a time you are at home - weekends and such as I suspect most people will work full time and that's why they don't have their own dog?

The dog owners I got to know: first one had a collie that needed lots of exercise and stimulation so they were looking for any extra walks in addition to the paid dog walker and themselves, other one need occasional weekend care and wanted a few different walkers to get to know their dog and she said that sometimes the other family had their dog for the day over the weekend so they could enjoy her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now