Talk

Advanced search

Rugs for little dogs

(7 Posts)
honeyroar Mon 23-Nov-15 21:40:06

Hi, just looking for advice on what rugs to get for out terrier cross. I've got fluro Weatherbeata rugs for my two bigger dogs, and would ideally like something similar (needs to be fluro and have reflective strips) that is warm but that has as big a belly flap as possible, as she has an allergy and therefore has little belly hair.

Thanks.

TheCunnyFunt Mon 23-Nov-15 23:10:26

I thought you meant an actual rug (like what you put on the floor) rather than a coat grin

Lots of places do doggy clothes, maybe you could get her a sweater and then a fluorescent and reflective jacket to go over the top?

honeyroar Mon 23-Nov-15 23:24:01

Lol at the rug.

I think a sweater would just get wet, it's so rural where we are, all mud and puddles. I'd prefer just one ticker rug really.

pigsDOfly Tue 24-Nov-15 00:41:33

My dog has a coat that sounds like the sort of thing you're looking for Honeyroar. The label says it's 'thermal, waterproof, windproof and breathable'. It's nicely padded, covers the belly nicely and keeps her dry and warm. Washes up fine as well.

It was the first coat I bought her when she was about 8/9 months old - it was big on her then - she's 4 years old now and it's still in perfect condition. The label calls it 'Danish Design by Susanne Mortensen'.

Only thing is, it doesn't have reflexive strips but I would imagine it would be possible to sew those on.

My dog is small but I think it also comes in slightly bigger sizes.

pigsDOfly Tue 24-Nov-15 00:43:24

reflective strips, not reflexive.

honeyroar Tue 24-Nov-15 11:47:21

Thanks I will have a look.

honeyroar Tue 24-Nov-15 11:59:53

Just had a comment on another forum about Gilrugs that are made to measure. They look really good. Thought I'd mention it on her in case anyone else is looking..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now