Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hoover recommendations needed

(18 Posts)
mrsmilesmatheson Sat 21-Nov-15 20:15:40

Currently have a hetty vacuum cleaner and looks like I'm going to be able to replace it as dh's work Henry has died, so he wants hetty for his van smile

Always loved my Henry/Hetty before getting a collie x lab who sheds all year round! It simply doesn't pick up effectively sadangry and my carpets look constantly hairy and grubby. We also have a ginger cat but the black dog fur is what's really causing the problem.

We have wooden floors, fluffy carpets and woven matting type carpets.

I need a vacuum which will pick dog hairs up properly from all of these. What have all you dog owners got that work well with pet hair?

ThomasRichard Sat 21-Nov-15 20:24:36

Vax Air Reach. It has a pet hair attachment that picks up everything, it's suitable for hard floors and the suction is adjustable.

Dieu Sat 21-Nov-15 20:26:46

Miele, the cat and dog/pet one.

TrionicLettuce Sat 21-Nov-15 20:35:29

We've just got a Dyson Animal (the big ball one) after years of having a Henry and it's doing an amazing job, can't believe the difference.

LexLoofah Sat 21-Nov-15 20:39:09

Miele cat & dog C3 power line - we don't have any pets but wanted one that would be the best at picking everything up. I am happy to get it out on a daily basis, it is light and quiet and does a great job. Good on carpet, rugs and hard floors.

MingZillas Sat 21-Nov-15 20:42:30

Miele cat and dog is brill.

mrsmilesmatheson Sun 22-Nov-15 09:16:06

Thank you everyone

Budget is not quite big enough for the ones mentioned but Argos have similar ones to the vax air reach for about £150 reduced from £240.

mrsmilesmatheson Sun 22-Nov-15 09:58:27

Aha just found vax air reach on Amazon for £99! grin

ThomasRichard Sun 22-Nov-15 11:23:23

smile That's where I got mine too.

EasyToEatTiger Sun 22-Nov-15 11:42:22

Beware of VAX hoovers. I bought one and went through 5 in less than 2 years. My warranty had just run out or I would be on my 6th. They are very badly designed, break down easily. Only really any good if you have an engineering qualification and enjoy taking things to bits before you can use them. Buy a Vax at your peril!!!

mrsmilesmatheson Sun 22-Nov-15 13:07:53

Oh no tiger! DH already ordered it so fingers crossed... he is an engineer actually lol

LimeJellyHead Wed 25-Nov-15 14:15:33

I love love love my Shark Rocket smile The way it picks up pet hair is astounding.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 25-Nov-15 14:38:18

I love my Meile cat & dog and I actually found it on the next website so I ordered it on account. Having to pay it off quickly though or it'll rack up the interest but it came the next day.

LexLoofah Thu 26-Nov-15 14:13:29

Miele eco c3 half price on amazon today at GBP124.99

loraflora Thu 26-Nov-15 19:09:21

Before you replace the hetty, have you thought of getting a turbo head for it? I got a cheap knockoff from Amazon and it's solved my pet hair problem (cat though, not dog).

honeyroar Thu 26-Nov-15 22:02:01

I was last one left at the vets recently waiting for my dog and the cleaner started doing the waiting room. She had a Henry. I said that was interesting and how was it with pet hair, and she said it was much better with the vets surgery work than anything else she'd had before.

EasyToEatTiger Tue 01-Dec-15 15:34:20

Will you let us know how you get on? I have cleaned the filter for the Vax and then the tube got blocked. It's rubbish at picking up anything bigger and heavier than a small feather. And it spreads its filth with ease. Make sure you have spare everything and GOOD LUCK!!!!

MidLifeCrisis007 Tue 01-Dec-15 21:08:56

Cordless ones are all the rage these days. I bought one the other day and love not having to plug it in!

Check out the all important "dog hair" ratings here: www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3198898/Which-cordless-vacuums-clean-just-suckers-best-household-gadgets-revealed.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now