Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas??

(4 Posts)
Ludoole Wed 11-Nov-15 18:32:12

Not long got back from the vets with my 3yo yorkie.
He's not been himself for a few days. He usually jumps on my lap but seems to not want to lately. He has cried out a couple of times in the night which he never does, hes lost interest in his toys and just seems out of sorts in general. He also lies with his face raised on the edge of his bed which he never does. I think he looks in pain but vet cant find anything physically wrong..
The vet seems to think the dog could be picking up on tension at home it is tense as dh is on hospice at home but i dont think its just anxiety.
Im going to keep an eye on him for a couple of days and try a different vet if necessary but just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Noitsnotteatimeyet Thu 12-Nov-15 07:22:24

Sounds to me like he's in pain somewhere - if he were mine I'd be going back to the vet

Hope he's ok

mrslaughan Sat 14-Nov-15 18:05:45

you have done the right thing to have your dog checked out.

Don;t rule out that it is not the tension anxiety in the house....after my father died in hospital, we all cam home .....our dog was pleased to see us if subdued. As happens, close friends and family turned up , all of a sudden we realised our dog had taken a sudden "turn" wouldn't get up, didn't respond to her name, not a flicker of her eyes, she was just steering into blank space....she was completely blank.....only way I can describe it. As she wasn't young we thought she must have had a stroke......vet was called and he came over he couldn't find anything wrong with her.....we picked her up (no reaction) put her on her feet, she wouldn't bear weight for a few seconds, then all of a sudden she would and she slunk off. Everyone who was there was surprised to see her at the wake, back to her normal self. it was the most extrodinary episode, and all we can do to explain it was all of a sudden she realised Dad had died. She lived for many happy and healthy years after.

Freya15 Sat 14-Nov-15 18:17:13

Dogs are very sensitive to their surroundings. Pick up on owners moods and tensions.
As it it impossible to explain to our furry friends the situation your facing, I personnaly would just him time. Making sure your routine with him doesn't change, feeding times walks ect.
You didn't mention if he was off his food or not? Think be more worrying if he wasn't eating.
A friend of mine has just gone through a simular experiance, where her dig looked poorly. After countless vet visits and much cost the vet put it down to stress.
I feel for you. Our furry friends are family.
Hope he's feeling better soon.
Keep us posted x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now