Talk

Advanced search

Fun training games

(4 Posts)
Collared Mon 09-Nov-15 08:33:09

So ds is full of cold and off school today meaning I can't walk our dog until dp gets home from work around half 5. Anyone got any ideas for some training games we can play to keep our dog occupied? She normally has a 90 minute walk and ds is very rarely ill so it's the first time we've been in this situation!

nmg85 Mon 09-Nov-15 09:20:48

I make mine sit in her bed and then hide dry food / treats around the house and then tell her to 'find it', its great mental stimulation for her.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 09-Nov-15 10:04:22

Have you got a clicker or anything that sounds like it? Get her to learn a trick. Wait till you've got her attention, and then when she looks up at you for example make the click noise exactly as she does it and reward her. You have to click exactly as she makes the movement and every time she does it click and reward. She should eventually learn to associate the movement with the click. Then you can give it a command word and she should do it on command. It's fun watching them trying to work out what they've got to do.

Collared Mon 09-Nov-15 10:39:56

Thanks for the tips. It all seems to have descended into a more boisterous game of tug! Guess someone's feeling a bit better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now