Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Xylitol

(5 Posts)
Chrisalice Thu 05-Nov-15 12:06:29

Sheesh, who knew so little could be so harmful!

Chrisalice Thu 05-Nov-15 12:12:26

Having been told a horrific story of a dog's horrible death after eating slug pellets I am paranoid there are substances laying around that I don't know are poisonous (though I think I'd have guessed slug pellets were not a health food!). Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive list of the things that might be encountered in the average house or garden?

pigsDOfly Fri 06-Nov-15 00:32:48

You can google it Chrisalice; there are lists all over the net of foods, plants etc that are harmful to dogs/cats.

It's horrifying how many plants that we might have in the house or garden that are toxic to dogs or cats. It's well worth a look.

Floralnomad Fri 06-Nov-15 00:41:38

When my dog was a pup he was very sick from chewing a daffodil bulb that he had dug up ,we were extremely lucky that we stopped him quickly and he had only eaten a tiny amount.

LimeJellyHead Fri 06-Nov-15 21:35:04

Here's plants and flowers www.dfordog.co.uk/blog/plants-flowers-toxic-to-dogs.html and here are foods www.dfordog.co.uk/article-dog-toxic-foods.html and this is specifically Christmas foods, just because it is a time of year people often feel a bit more lax and feed their dog scraps of human foods as a treat www.dfordog.co.uk/blog/dog-christmas-food-safe-avoid.html

Hope those help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now